Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 04-10-2017, 05:27 PM

Jenn_737700 is on a distinguished road
Default H.erectus Seahorses for Sale YYC

Good day,

I am selling 4 Hippocampus erectus seahorses. I am located in Airdrie, about 20 minutes North of Calgary (YYC.) I have had these seahorses for 2 years, and they are exceptionally healthy and well taken care of.

Pricing:

Seahorses are: $90 each or $160 per pair. I bought them for $70 each plus shipping, and they have grown in the time that I have kept them. Very few places sell Hippocampus erectus seahorses, so that is why they cost what they do. There are 2 males and 2 females, of which I greatly prefer to sell in pairs (doesn't matter which gender, either same or different, as long as they have a companion - seahorses need pals, trust me.)

Information:

They are kept in unheated, room temperature water in my basement - around 65 degrees Fahrenheit, in water that is around 1.021 in specific gravity. I do this because of my research to do with poikilotherms, metabolism, temperature and ageing, and how they correlate in both closed an open systems. Feel free to look this up yourself, but trust me - keeping seahorses in colder water lowers their metabolism and can perhaps help them live longer. Anyway! I say this because I would prefer NOT to sell one seahorse to someone so it can live in your sump in 78 degree water and die within a year instead of living for another 3 years, which is entirely possible.

I am selling the tank as a package, or parting out - depends on the responses I get. You are welcome to ask questions or buy just equipment as well. ***I am aware that this is a livestock related thread only, but since this is being posted as a package, it will be posted here first, so that the livestock can be sold, then the remaining hardware will be posted in the appropriate forum***

I have come up with prices for all the items based on market price and including the fact that they have been used, but well taken care of. I think they are very fair. Feel free to do your own research as well.

Items for sale:

Aquarium - 40g: in good shape, has a broken brace but holds water safely $50

Stand - black with silver handles, has 2 drawers and 2 cupboards, in good shape and sturdy: $60

Penguin biowheel 40g filter with replacement parts and extra filter media: $20

Air pump with airline: $10 (seahorses benefit greatly from extra oxygen)

Food for seahorses: $5 (what's left of my PE Mysis)

Vitamin supplement: $10

Cleaning supplies, siphon hose and cleaning brush - free

Aquarium decor, plants and food bowl: $30 (includes a twisted wood piece, green, purple and red plants) all of which were worth over $100 together when bought new

*Kessil A150w special blend 10,000K LED: $120 - you don't need to feel obligated to buy this with the package, it is an expensive coral light used for SPS that I just decided to use for the seahorse tank. These are $150 new. I will post this in the hardware thread later, once the seahorses have been sold, or if this has been sold as a package.

Seahorse pricing was mentioned previously.

Other miscellaneous things: extra salt mix and other supplies would be complimentary.

The full set would be $600 for everything.
Without the light is $480.
Or just the seahorses themselves would be $160 for two or $300 for 4. Like a bulk deal, the price decreases the more you buy. These are full grown, fairly large seahorses, keep that in mind.

Questions?

No, sorry - I don't ship.
No, I will not accept your lowball offers.
No, I would prefer not to sell you one seahorse to put in your sump.

Yes, I would like to talk to you about their history
Yes, I would like to talk to you about what they are eating (frozen food, of course!)
Yes, I would enjoy just discussing things about them or the package deal in general.
Yes, I would enjoy talking about the research I've done!

*******Here is a link to the website where all the photos are: https://jt737.imgbb.com/ *********
Old 04-10-2017, 05:28 PM

Jenn_737700 is on a distinguished road

Good grief! I forgot to provide my cell number!

587-223-4327