Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 10-09-2009, 12:05 AM

Atomikk is on a distinguished road
Default We have full colonies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanIMDB View Post
While I want to support the aquaculture industry by purchasing 1" frags as much as possible, I also want to have some nice big show piece corals as well.

Anyone know of any online stores that don't only sell frags in Canada? Sites with WYSIWYG photos would be preferred.

Thanks,
Chris
We will be selling an array of WYSIWYG corals. Stay stuned to next week's launch

Vlad.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:08 PM

Chipie is on a distinguished road

Interesting. can't wait to see that.
Yes of course if there was a LFS around that i could buy corals from, i would. But there's isn't one. The closest ones would be a 6 hour trip. And even then, there's just a few acros for sale. (nothing special either LOL)

So getting sps around here is pretty much impossible, except for online buying. And then you have to pay more, pay shipping. Oh and you are very lucky if you don't loose corals in shipping. And your not really sure of what you are buying. A picture can be very deceiving.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:59 PM

BlueAbyss is on a distinguished road

I'm with you, Chipie... I'm around the same distance from a LFS. It will be nice to have a website with a good WYSIWYG section in Canada, can't wait to see what your launch brings, Vlad!
Old 10-09-2009, 07:28 PM

Ryan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipie View Post
Interesting. can't wait to see that.
Yes of course if there was a LFS around that i could buy corals from, i would. But there's isn't one. The closest ones would be a 6 hour trip. And even then, there's just a few acros for sale. (nothing special either LOL)

So getting sps around here is pretty much impossible, except for online buying. And then you have to pay more, pay shipping. Oh and you are very lucky if you don't loose corals in shipping. And your not really sure of what you are buying. A picture can be very deceiving.
Just make a day or 2 trip out of it. I have a couple LFS here but once every 2 months or so we drive 2.5 3 hours to calgary. When I lived in Grande Prairie the closest LFS was a 5 hour drive. Noone is saying you need to do the trip once a week but a trip every 2 or the 3 months shouldnt be too bad.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:42 PM

BlueAbyss is on a distinguished road

I do this ^ every few months, but it always seems to be when there isn't anything interesting on sale.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Just make a day or 2 trip out of it. I have a couple LFS here but once every 2 months or so we drive 2.5 3 hours to calgary. When I lived in Grande Prairie the closest LFS was a 5 hour drive. Noone is saying you need to do the trip once a week but a trip every 2 or the 3 months shouldnt be too bad.
LOL i see that you don't realize how far i am from any SPS corals for sale. The lfs stores i was refering to that are 3 hours away from here almost never have any sps or any you would like to make a 6 hour trip for. I live in New-Brunswick and most corals are on sale from BC to Ontario. That's a long trip LOL
Old 10-20-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomikk View Post
We will be selling an array of WYSIWYG corals. Stay stuned to next week's launch

Vlad.
Hi,
Are you selling any corals now?
Old 10-20-2009, 04:17 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Many stores including Bayside bring in Maricultured SPS colonies which are usually around 3-5" depending on the species and prices usually range from around $60-80. For SPS corals you really don't want to go much bigger, these types of corals grow in forms to match the water flow from their environment. If you did get a larger colony chances are you wouldn't be able to match the flow from it's previous environment which could result in stn and then ultimately fragging it anyway to keep it alive.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
Many stores including Bayside bring in Maricultured SPS colonies which are usually around 3-5" depending on the species and prices usually range from around $60-80. For SPS corals you really don't want to go much bigger, these types of corals grow in forms to match the water flow from their environment. If you did get a larger colony chances are you wouldn't be able to match the flow from it's previous environment which could result in stn and then ultimately fragging it anyway to keep it alive.
Must be nice to have such stores around
Old 10-20-2009, 05:26 PM

ksalt is on a distinguished road

http://fragd.it/ has some beautiful corals for sale!!!