Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Calgary

Old 03-28-2016, 06:04 AM

Jus_sum_guy is on a distinguished road

Went to Oceans for the first time today and will NEVER be back.
I was in the store for almost 10 minutes before the owner walks out from the back, says Hi, grabs his chequebook and walks into the back again.

Admired the corals for maybe another 5 minutes and he comes out and goes to the front counter again. I point at a coral and ask what kind it is....he replies and continues walking to the back. Didn't even slow down to answer or help me.

I browsed around for a few more minutes to see if he'll come out and help me. I left empty handed....

I've been going to Wai's for the last month to have him help me setup my first reef tank. He has always greeted me with a smile from the first meeting.
He is extremely honest to the point where he refused to sell me something I was interested in because it would not work in my tank.

Danny has my business for years to come.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:13 AM

somafish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus_sum_guy View Post
Went to Oceans for the first time today and will NEVER be back.
I was in the store for almost 10 minutes before the owner walks out from the back, says Hi, grabs his chequebook and walks into the back again.

Admired the corals for maybe another 5 minutes and he comes out and goes to the front counter again. I point at a coral and ask what kind it is....he replies and continues walking to the back. Didn't even slow down to answer or help me.

I browsed around for a few more minutes to see if he'll come out and help me. I left empty handed....

I've been going to Wai's for the last month to have him help me setup my first reef tank. He has always greeted me with a smile from the first meeting.
He is extremely honest to the point where he refused to sell me something I was interested in because it would not work in my tank.

Danny has my business for years to come.
Danny is that you?? Just signed up to the forum, and setting up your first tank and already bad talking one of the good stores in Calgary. Take it easy
Old 03-28-2016, 06:17 AM

Jus_sum_guy is on a distinguished road

I get crappy service of course I'm going to say something.
No different than going to a new restaurant and getting crappy service and never wanting to return.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:45 PM

I understand that. I've had crappy service at every single saltwater store, but to say NEVER going back after your first visit is extreme.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:38 PM

Fin2you is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus_sum_guy View Post
I get crappy service of course I'm going to say something.
No different than going to a new restaurant and getting crappy service and never wanting to return.
I agree 100% I made that call with Reef Wonderland, Golds I gave a 2nd chance to & regretted. I didn't get into the stores last week due to not feeling well. May go today. oceans is on my still to check out but Wai's is still leading the competition for Best Overall
Old 03-28-2016, 02:47 PM

I'm slowly changing my mind about wai's(Danny). I like his new tanks, his livestock will surprise me sometimes, like I said he has the best chemicals selection and SPS. Also he does seem more approachable the last few visits
Old 03-28-2016, 03:44 PM

jordanc_17 is on a distinguished road

At the end of the day I will go wherever has the healthiest specimens. I can live with below average service, since that's not what I'm paying for.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:52 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Each store has its benefits and downsides.

That being said I feel its rather silly to downright say you won't visit a shop off one or two 15 minute "experiences" with them.

At the end of the day does the 15 minute in shop experience not get trumped by the fact that you have a wicked coral/ fish which will be in your care for (hopefully) years to come? The hobby isn't that large, keep your options open and you might be surprised at what you will find hiding in these locations.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:59 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Also as far as not shopping at Concept due to "animal cruelty charges" goes, if your in this hobby you really don't have any moral ground to stand on.

Do you own a single marine fish?

If so to get that SINGLE fish to your door between 10-100 others were killed through collection, transshipping and disease.

While I don't advocate the actions of Riverfront, their cruelty is exposed due to our first world status while our cruelty is hidden due to collection point...
Old 03-29-2016, 02:50 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough