Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 03-01-2015, 03:32 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabreeze View Post
Hopefully what he did cost him much more than that fish... by banning him from every LFS around!!!!!!!
No, can't prove it, so what ya gonna do?
Old 03-01-2015, 03:44 PM

RMC is on a distinguished road

Ok. We're there two extra unclaimed bagged corals at the end of the swap? There should be if it was accidental, if not then it was likely stollen
It's disheartenning to think their are people in this community who would do this.

To the thief; not cool.. Not cool at all
Old 03-01-2015, 03:45 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
I know of a guy that stole fish out of an acclimating bin at the LFS while the manager was helping a customer. This kind of stuff happens all the time!
It's a sad fact but it happens , we had cameras installed in the store simply because we knew people were taking things , asking staff to go out back for items they knew weren't out front and then putting things in their pockets , we had an idea who but can't call someone out without proof so now we have film if it were to happen again

When we did the fragfest thing in sept we had a friend of mine (works with law enforcement ) check receipts and bags as People were going out the door , we had around 400 people in and around the store and only 5 employees. It's sad that trust becomes so much of an issue that when you host something that's supposed to be a benefit to the community that a very small few decide to ruin it for everyone , the reason we had someone check the bags was during the previous boxing day sale we were missing a lot of sps frags and smalerr dry goods , so basically people we dipping in and putting frags in there pocket or just grabbing an item and walking out the door.

I'm sure it's 1 in a 100 but sure sucks that you can't host an event without some kind of babysitting or security

Hope you guys get it all sorted out I do also like to think maybe a mistake but my own experiences say it prop was taken as those who watch the stuff are busy chatting and it only takes one bad apple
Old 03-01-2015, 03:57 PM

kamloops_reefer is on a distinguished road

for what could be a mistake - the start of this thread is all but the right way to address it. have some class guys.

best to let time go by, find out who it is and openly share who it was to give other reefers a heads up. To me, that goes a lot farther than this.

best to have other people decide if they want to deal with that person at that time, or else a legitimate thief who knows what they will be jeopardizing will return it, and go along with the story of "oops a mistake was made" and benefit no one.
Old 03-01-2015, 03:59 PM
Thinks he can get Mods fired

acepumping is on a distinguished road

This event happend at the beginning of night. There was a big purchase according to someone I know. Right before he made his.. the guy grabbed his stuff then left quickly. Apparently it was next to impossible for him to mistaken it..thats when they all realized the 2 bags were gone..
but all in all, it was a wicked swap, nothing we can do.. maybe we may just have to have someone standing at the door next time and then you will get a ticket with the amount of corals purchased..
but we dont wanna be like that. This is supppose to be fun a Event
Old 03-01-2015, 04:04 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamloops_reefer View Post
or else a legitimate thief who knows what they will be jeopardizing will return it
Ya, that's probably what will happen
Old 03-01-2015, 04:05 PM
Thinks he can get Mods fired

acepumping is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamloops_reefer View Post
for what could be a mistake - the start of this thread is all but the right way to address it. have some class guys.

best to let time go by, find out who it is and openly share who it was to give other reefers a heads up. To me, that goes a lot farther than this.

best to have other people decide if they want to deal with that person at that time, or else a legitimate thief who knows what they will be jeopardizing will return it, and go along with the story of "oops a mistake was made" and benefit no one.
You can put the start of the thread on me.. I have no patience for stuff like this... like I said, you would have gone home and realized you have 2 BEAUTIFUL GORGEOUS extra pieces..
later that night, I went to the monster trucks with kids and wife.. then I had someone go into.my truck, make a mess and then stole the $4.00 in change and my kids iphone. They left everything else including $50 in gift cards, wife's armani shades etc

so my patience was very short last night
Old 03-01-2015, 04:10 PM

MrLahey is on a distinguished road

That is such a bummer.

This was my first frag swap and I truely enjoyed myself! I hope they find the corals or the thief and that this experience doesn't stop an cool event from happening again.

This is the first time I also finally decided to dive into sps coral ( thanks for the awesome corals Ryan!)
Old 03-01-2015, 04:21 PM

BubblesUp is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry to hear this happened. I did notice, though, that the floating bags were spinning around the tank floating to the front and Thomas's colleague was attempting to keep them at the back. Maybe have them clipped to a beam at the back or the back of the tank somehow.
Old 03-01-2015, 04:34 PM

kamloops_reefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by acepumping View Post
You can put the start of the thread on me.. I have no patience for stuff like this... like I said, you would have gone home and realized you have 2 BEAUTIFUL GORGEOUS extra pieces..
later that night, I went to the monster trucks with kids and wife.. then I had someone go into.my truck, make a mess and then stole the $4.00 in change and my kids iphone. They left everything else including $50 in gift cards, wife's armani shades etc

so my patience was very short last night
I was blaming you lol -

that totally sucks, I understand why your short.... and all that stuff ****es me off too! but its more gratifying exposing a theif for what they are with no way for them to back out of doing it, than to call em out - all I'm saying

because there are some pretty weird rules on this site, public identifying of the person might not be accepted by Admins. But I do encourage you to send me the person's name and screen name - I already have a "list" of good guys bad guys