Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 09-08-2013, 08:33 AM

cblair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by naesco View Post
A sailfin tang in a 75 gallon. You better stick to corals.

Edit come to think of it, if Mad Jolly Corals is giving such terrible advice about fish stocking you have to wonder about the quality of the advise they give about coral.
Wow!!! Little rude and uncalled for
Old 09-08-2013, 09:14 AM

Amadod2 is on a distinguished road

I have seen frags from mad jelly corals and I can say they are Amazing!!! Plus I have heard nothing but good from their service. There's no need to be rude, most people on here are friendly and by most I mean 99%.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_dao View Post
Dude, what is your schtick? Are you this churlish in person? You know you have the option to not come off as an arrogant jackass every time you make a post right?

Here, watch:

@ Madjellycorals

I have to disagree with your choices of fish in this regard. Clown triggers and sailfin tangs will simply outgrow a 75 gallon tank.

There, easy and I don't implicate myself as a narcissistic turd scrape.

You're welcome.
Bravo!!!

Have heard and read nothing but rave reviews about Madjellycorals and this was definitely an uncalled for attack on their rep.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:01 AM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

Danny, your best bet for a 75g stock for fish would be wrasses, tangs need space. If you want more fish go for smaller ones, wrasses can get big aswell and will start to fight in a small tank.

Leopard wrasses are an awesome addition and one of my favourites, flame wrasse are cool too, flasher wrasse are pretty nice colour aswell. Skip the rabbit as he will outgrow your tank quickly.

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips
Old 09-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_dao View Post
Dude, what is your schtick? Are you this churlish in person? You know you have the option to not come off as an arrogant jackass every time you make a post right?

Here, watch:

@ Madjellycorals

I have to disagree with your choices of fish in this regard. Clown triggers and sailfin tangs will simply outgrow a 75 gallon tank.

There, easy and I don't implicate myself as a narcissistic turd scrape.

You're welcome.
He only approves of 4 - 5 large tangs in a 135 bullnose sorta almost 6 foot tank Albert. Anything less is inhumane you must have missed that memo
Old 09-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Lots of good advice for everyone here
Old 09-08-2013, 01:50 PM

thmh is on a distinguished road

Sorry I missed read the thread! And had no intention of giving bad advice to the thread starter. My apologies and ill be sure to reread thread/post in the future.

My new list
Radiant wrasse
Midas blenny
Clowns fish

~Tony

Last edited by thmh; 09-08-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:18 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadod2 View Post
Well I see many 75 and 90 tanks with more them two tangs I don't see why having one tang in a 75 would be bad, yes I understand they get big and need swimming space
Just because you see it often, doesn't mean it is a good choice. Most people on these forums try to educate people on the best practices for keeping our beloved pets happy and healthy. Tangs don't belong in 75-gallon tanks. There a few small ones (like Tomini, Kole, Convict) that may do well in 4' tanks, but they really fare better long-term in 90 or 120-gallon tanks.

Many people will buy small tangs with the plans to upgrade to a bigger tank when the fish grow larger. Too many times it happens that there is no follow through on that promise. No matter how good the hobbyists' intentions are, many upgrades never come to fruition and you see tangs cramped into tanks that are too small for them where eventually their health is challenged. Large fish in small tanks also presents the challenge of keeping good water quality. Big fish = big poop = lots of nutrients to export in one way or another.

Rabbitfish/Foxfaces are right up there with tangs too - with the exception maybe being the One Spot Rabbitfish/Foxface which, being smaller, tend to fare just fine in 90 or 120-gallon tanks.

SPS fanatic.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:19 PM

Proteus is on a distinguished road

I have a thing for assessors

Mcnealii
Yellow
Blackcap

They do like dimmer lighting though and may be semi cryptic if lights are to bright

Other than my personal choice

Dwarf angels
Hawk fish
Midas Blenny
Old 09-08-2013, 04:37 PM

cblair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadod2 View Post
I have seen frags from mad jelly corals and I can say they are Amazing!!! Plus I have heard nothing but good from their service. There's no need to be rude, most people on here are friendly and by most I mean 99%.
I can definitely attest for that as all my sps frags are from MJC and nothing but good to say about there business and the way they deal with there customers.

As for the fish, I have a 75g to and have been going through the same dilemma. The tank is a little small for tangs but big enough you want a nice looking show fish. Wrasses seem he logical choice as they are colourful and very active and may serve a purpose with helping reduce pests in your tank. Maybe a small school of chromis or Banggai cardinals are another route I may go. Right now I have a sixline wrasse in my tank and he is awesome so I don't plan on adding a bigger wrasse. One more option I am considering is the flame hawkish which will add a nice splash of colour as it perches among the sps and rocks.