Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 04-12-2021, 01:53 AM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDog View Post
Except that you know going in that you are buying a Bitcoin as an investment.

I'm talking about an animal we keep as a pet. I wouldn't sell my dogs for profit just because dog prices have skyrocketed in the last year also.
I think domesticated animals are different. It would be really frowned upon to buy and sell dogs or cats in the way people buy, sell and trade fish. Not to mention fish mortality rates are quite high but people tend to consider them replaceable. I don’t think you’d keep buying Golden Retrievers if they kept dying in your back yard.

My point is, this makes them much less like pets and more like commodities.

I consider my porcupine puffer a pet but I’m not sure I can say the same about some of my other fish. I care a great deal about them because they’re a life which I chose to be responsible for but I’m not sure I feel the same way about them as I do about my dog.
Old 04-12-2021, 04:03 PM

Animal-Chin is on a distinguished road

The interesting part is even with prices so high, J&L is the busiest its ever been. I talked to one of the employees last week and they said they've never been busier. So even with insane prices, we're all still buying more than ever before. Personally i think covid has a lot to do with this, i'm working from home so see the tank way more and really have no vacations to look forward to, no concerts to go to, nothing to do so when i see a torch coral for $160, even though it kills me to do it, i buy it cause i have the disposible income right now.
Old 04-13-2021, 12:42 PM

dino is on a distinguished road

DISPOSABLE INCOME??? what the heck is that lol. geeze I make great money and im still broke this day and age