Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Old 11-28-2016, 04:23 AM

moppy is on a distinguished road
Default FS: Two-Little Fishes 1 Gallon Calcium Container

Don't know if anyone needs more part A but my tank uses up the part B way faster then the part A. So, I have an extra calcium supplement 1 gallon container that I don't need. RODI water hasn't been added and it is still in its concentrated form.

$20
Old 11-28-2016, 06:19 AM
Jedi Master Reefer

Wheelman76 is on a distinguished road

If you're talking about C balance it has to be used in equal amounts regardless of what the tank uses because it's not just alk/cal in part A and B there are other trace elements in there as well that will eventually upset the ionic balance in the tank.
Old 11-28-2016, 05:44 PM
The Don

Galizio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelman76 View Post
If you're talking about C balance it has to be used in equal amounts regardless of what the tank uses because it's not just alk/cal in part A and B there are other trace elements in there as well that will eventually upset the ionic balance in the tank.

+1 , if u using more part A then B, you're doing it wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-28-2016, 07:23 PM

kengeroo is on a distinguished road
Default hmm odd

I'm still fine tuning my 2 part dosing,,
alk seems to be leveling out to 21.3ml/day
cal 18.8 ml/day

I'm also dosing Redsea NoxPox,, I assume that's what's dropping my ALK (requiring the additional ALK),, because the pH drops a little each time tie NoxPox doses.

message from RedSea..
We recommend dosing Calcium\Alk. buffer\Magnesium according to the actual demand and not based on even 2 part dosing as every tank is slightly different.

any comments ?
Old 11-28-2016, 07:27 PM
The Don

C-balance is not alk and calcium dosing... is a ionic balance product , they have to be dosed same amount each , daily.

Old 11-29-2016, 02:54 AM

moppy is on a distinguished road

Then JL has been steering me wrong as I've been told that I measure how much is being used up of each and dose accordingly. They've told me that Alk is usually used up faster then Ca.

I've been doing it this way for two years and growth and levels are good... just use Alk faster than Ca...
Old 11-29-2016, 03:36 AM
The Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by moppy View Post
Then JL has been steering me wrong as I've been told that I measure how much is being used up of each and dose accordingly. They've told me that Alk is usually used up faster then Ca.

I've been doing it this way for two years and growth and levels are good... just use Alk faster than Ca...

Dose accordingly? How do you figure that out? On the instruction say to use 5ml x 20 g of water volume if I recall correctly, no more than 100 ml x20 g daily. Also say always to dose the same amount equally. You have to adjust your calcium and alk with soda ash, calcium chloride.... products like that then you have to figure it out how much c- balance you need to keep this value at the same steady level. J&l have a really good stuff don't think they are miss leading you... if you have any trouble just e mail TLF directly, that's what I did and they will point you to the right direction..... but pretty much everything is on the label...

Old 11-29-2016, 03:38 AM
The Don

Also you don't need to measure both calcium and alk when starting to figure it out the c-balance, just measure alk and adjust to where you need