Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Oceanview Enterprise > Aquatronica

Old 04-13-2016, 03:36 PM

Tiansho is on a distinguished road
Default Hello members

I have been talking to Errico about trying a new unit myself. I was researching online, and I have found this device (D-Link PowerLine Mini Starter Kit (DHP-309AV ~ $40 at best buy)) which allows you to add (WiFi or similar) to the basic controller.

Has anybody tried this before?

Hope it helps on your decision.
Old 04-13-2016, 03:53 PM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiansho View Post
I have been talking to Errico about trying a new unit myself. I was researching online, and I have found this device (D-Link PowerLine Mini Starter Kit (DHP-309AV ~ $40 at best buy)) which allows you to add (WiFi or similar) to the basic controller.

Has anybody tried this before?

Hope it helps on your decision.
I have been using powerline adapter for quite a while now for my PC since I am a fan of wired internet. After getting the controller, I hooked up a switch to the powerline (since it had only one outlet) and connected the PC and the controller and works great for my apartment. Powerlines are always hit and miss since it depends on the condition of the wiring in your residence and there is no sure way to tell whether it will work or not. Only way is to test it yourself.

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob
Old 04-13-2016, 05:57 PM

OCEANVIEW ENTERPRISE is on a distinguished road

Hello guys

Again I thank you for all the kind words and interest in this controller . I have asked my reef central support guys to join this forum and help answer any technical question you might have concerning the set up configurations.

I have also asked Aquatronica technical support staff in Italy to pop in once in awhile to help with any issues.

We will be at interzoo Germany in 1 month and I will be sharing our new releases in both product and firmware. I will take great care of any existing and new Aquatronica owners. I will post up some pictures of our booth.

thank you .
Old 04-13-2016, 08:24 PM

Thank you Mrhasan for your reply,

Question; do I need an ORP probe? I currently own a 36 Gallon tank with 30 Gallon sump which I have started to move to an 80 Gallon with 30 Gallon Sump. I have a few healthy LPS but, I would like to have a reef tank.

Any suggestions?
Old 04-13-2016, 08:36 PM

fishmanty is on a distinguished road

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use that TP-LINK for $18 shipped. After doing some troubleshooting, my connectivity issues appear to be from Router and that the Touch is communicating fine through that device to my router. So I guess my only complaint with the unit is the power bar. It is divided into 2 sections of 4, so you can plug a bigger end into the top of each run, but I do wish they were all spaced out better.

Ah, this is much easier to type via a computer instead of a cellphone. I'm noticing lots of mistakes in my previous post.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:52 PM

Default Aquatronica app?

Does anybody know of an app to follow your Aquatronica controller from your android phone?
Old 05-04-2016, 11:48 PM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiansho View Post
Does anybody know of an app to follow your Aquatronica controller from your android phone?
Unfortunately no. But it is scheduled to be released soon; hope soon is not too far away.

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob
Old 05-05-2016, 01:47 AM

OCEANVIEW ENTERPRISE is on a distinguished road

Hello guys

It has no Native App, it does not need one because it has it’s own built in Webserver. You can Log into it from anywhere in the world and do anything that you could do in front of the controller with Any device, from an Apple Mac to an Android Phone. All you need to know is that the device has a web browser.
Old 05-05-2016, 03:16 AM

I am not able to use port fowarding outside my network. I've updated the controller n followed the steps im the manual. Is there anything i can do?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk