Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 04-24-2015, 09:53 PM

reef-keeper is on a distinguished road

Have you repaired this yet.. I bought the LED head lamp and got rid of the HiD units. found the DTL work just as good with the OEM bulds. Led uses less voltage to run so the low voltage that the DRL module will not effect the performance of the LED head lamp.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:55 PM
Follows the rules!

Coasting is on a distinguished road

Nope. Not yet.
Ive figured out how to wire in the led i purchased.
But i need to figure out how to disable my current drl. Just keep anythig from turning on while in drl mode.
Old 04-25-2015, 01:14 AM

Default Car lighting help - Adding aftermarket LED Day time running lights

Looking at the fuse box lid the DRL power supply is in the "J" location. If you remove that relay do your lights work? Hopefully lights work. But you might try to trace the supply wire from the actual module and run it to the park light.

Last edited by reef-keeper; 04-25-2015 at 01:17 AM.
Old 04-25-2015, 01:15 AM
Follows the rules!

There is a DRL fuse, but no DRL relay in the box. There is a spot for a DRL Relay... but no DRL Relay lol.
Pulling the fuse does nothing. And pulling all the various other headlight related ones does nothing.
I wondering if disconnecting one of the many wires that are plugged right into the headlamp housing would do it... but I don't have that kind of skill.
Old 04-25-2015, 01:32 AM

[ATTACH]14083[/ATTACHAttachment 14083
This is the all data wire diagram for a 2013 RVR AWD (Canada). If you pull out fuse 13 out of the fuse box you should disable the DRL. But I don't know what else it will disable. You might have to find the actual module and unplug that but i think it is all controlled by the ECU.

Last edited by reef-keeper; 06-26-2015 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-25-2015, 01:51 AM
Follows the rules!

Ahh nothing showed first photos and I cant quite make out the second.
I keep hearing about this ECU and I head theres a pin in it I can bend to disable DRL's, but all those places I read about it said its supposed to be in the fuse box. And well it's not.
Fuse 13 is the one I've pulled for DRL and it did nothing.
I also pulled every single other fuse and relay related to headlights and nothing but turning ALL my lights off lol.

Old 04-25-2015, 02:00 AM

The ECU is electronic control unit. In other words the brain. According to the electrical schematic connector C410 pin ten is the wire you cut. If you cut it make sure you leave lots of wire on both sides to make repairs if that takes the power away from all lighting.
Old 04-25-2015, 02:13 AM
Follows the rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reef-keeper View Post
The ECU is electronic control unit. In other words the brain. According to the electrical schematic connector C410 pin ten is the wire you cut. If you cut it make sure you leave lots of wire on both sides to make repairs if that takes the power away from all lighting.
Where do I find my ECU though? I need like airplane landing lights to show me lol
Old 05-02-2015, 01:24 AM

Attachment 14090
Hopefully you can see the picture. You are looking for item G under the hood. Attachment 14091
I wish you the best of luck. And yes it is illegal to disable your day time running lights. You should see if you guy would wire in the led lights for the DRL's instead of disabling them. Just another path you could take.

Last edited by reef-keeper; 06-26-2015 at 06:13 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:44 AM
Follows the rules!

Quote:
You should see if you guy would wire in the led lights for the DRL's instead of disabling them. Just another path you could take.
Nobody has really been able to tell me how to do it that way.
I wish I knew how. Ive gotten nothing but bad attitude from guys on forums when I have tried to ask how to do this. So the easiest solution was wire them in with the controller and just disable my DRLs.