Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 10-15-2010, 07:31 AM

randy123 is on a distinguished road

Oh man, you have to try it! 1 minute of stirring and there will not be one single undisolved grain of salt. Wait a day for the water to go crystal clear, check for any undisolved salt(there won't be), and you are golden. I give it another good thrashing before I add it to aerate it. My Oar can aerate the water fully in a minute flat-no mucking around, no power consumption. If there is something in that method that doesn't work, I've yet to find it...
Old 10-15-2010, 01:54 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy123 View Post
Oh man, you have to try it! 1 minute of stirring and there will not be one single undisolved grain of salt. Wait a day for the water to go crystal clear, check for any undisolved salt(there won't be), and you are golden. I give it another good thrashing before I add it to aerate it. My Oar can aerate the water fully in a minute flat-no mucking around, no power consumption. If there is something in that method that doesn't work, I've yet to find it...

Hummmmm..... Not gonna lie it's the dumbest idea I've ever heard so I can only assume your joking right??? with all the money we pit into our tanks why would I or anyone stir once with a canoe paddle??? A cheap pump can be bought second hand for a mere few bucks and pennys a month in bills
Old 10-15-2010, 02:16 PM
Banned

gobytron is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
Hummmmm..... Not gonna lie it's the dumbest idea I've ever heard so I can only assume your joking right??? with all the money we pit into our tanks why would I or anyone stir once with a canoe paddle??? A cheap pump can be bought second hand for a mere few bucks and pennys a month in bills
THAT'S the dumbest idea YOU'VE ever heard?
I have a hard time buying that, I'm not gonna lie.

I don't get why anyone would care how someone else chooses to mix their water...

I think that's hilarious and I can imagine it would work pretty good as the water displacement would be significant.

If it were me, I might add an airstone to the mix while it was sitting for that 24 hours though,as I like to make sure any new SW is as oxygen rich as possible.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:34 PM
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobytron View Post
THAT'S the dumbest idea YOU'VE ever heard?
I have a hard time buying that, I'm not gonna lie.

I don't get why anyone would care how someone else chooses to mix their water...

I think that's hilarious and I can imagine it would work pretty good as the water displacement would be significant.

If it were me, I might add an airstone to the mix while it was sitting for that 24 hours though,as I like to make sure any new SW is as oxygen rich as possible.

First of all I couldn't care less if he stirs it with a fork and as far a dumb ideas this lecture coming from the guy who wanted to get a blue ringed octopuss .....so yeah ummm I think I'll stick with my powerhead. And hey gobytron uf your such a fan of hand stirring with boating equipment start a thread asking how many others do that and how many use pumps. We should just all start using garage items to stir I mean I got some copper piping, some mud mixers slightly used, and all kinds of rotting wood.........geesh some people , but leave it to you to agree eh
Old 10-15-2010, 06:06 PM

I wanted to get a blue ringed octopus? Please elaborate...do I post in my sleep, because I have no such memory...
Old 10-15-2010, 06:09 PM

You're the dumbest idea I've ever heard

And what do you think a pump can do that a paddle can't? Besides use electricity? Don't be so simple-minded.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobytron View Post
Not a bad idea...
Old 10-15-2010, 06:34 PM
R.I.P.

Way to confirm how dumb you really if you never noticed or can't read the quote wasn't from you, and to my knowlege I didn't hear you say you run your oar for 24hrs a day , oh wait you don't you give it one quick thrash as you put it. I just read all your posts and your obviously new so I'll cut you a break by saying I didn't say your dumb I said the idea is dumb because it Is no one in their right mind unless raised to be a complete idiot would do that in a regular basis ....now this time I called you an idiot cheers loser !!!
Old 10-15-2010, 06:39 PM

Newbies is on a distinguished road
Default Go

Well if I learned nothing esle from this thread at the very least I learned what the sound of my own laughter sounds like once again. Thanks ya'all as my Friday was starting to look very bleak and depressing. Hope everyone has an awsome weekend no matter YOUR STIRRING method HEHEHEHEHEHE
________
buy grinder

Last edited by Newbies; 02-09-2011 at 10:11 AM.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:43 PM
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbies View Post
Well if I learned nothing esle from this thread at the very least I learned what the sound of my own laughter sounds like once again. Thanks ya'all as my Friday was starting to look very bleak and depressing. Hope everyone has an awsome weekend no matter YOUR STIRRING method HEHEHEHEHEHE

Hahah TGIF