Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 01-10-2010, 07:38 PM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
I used to own a BK Mini 180. Awesome skimmer. I sold it to upgrade to a Royal Exclusive Vertex Alpha cone 250. The only complaint that you will probably ever hear from a BK owner is that it comes with no instructions. The quality and materials used to make these can't be matched. Pretty much a plug and play with no tinkering. The crap these things pull out is unbeleivable, they are quiet and yes they stay white. With the cone, it is so simple to take every part of it off and clean. The reveiws you hear from a BK owner are very high. So feel free to listen to all the bashing from those people that have'nt owned one. If you can afford one I highly recommend them.
I have owned pretty much every high end skimmer going and the other odds and sods, now when you look at what the skimmer actually does yes it makes bubbles but the pump makes the bubbles, not the type of acrylic or how think it is. However the bubble plate does enhance the way the bubbles flow to a point. Now the pump is going to help pretty much in 98% of the quality of bubbles. 1% is the way the skimmers being built, and the other way is amount of air going in to mix with the water.

When you are buying a high end skimmer like a BK , DELTEC, H&S. of course it’s going to be made to a certain way and the craftsmanship is outstanding.

it has to be doesn't of course it does. Or you are not going to pay that silly amount of money to buy it. I use to own a ATI BM250 love the skimmer wide body and a wide neck for a nice smooth transforming of bubbles instead of the 8 " chamber to a 4 " chamber. It’s a nice smooth effect you hardly get a dirty neck. It was the last skimmer that I would ever buy. However the SIcci 2500 pump are crap IMO and if that stuck a Askoll pump on there. Then the skimmer would be a rocket. I used to own a BK mini 200 I said that was it that amount of money on it and wow, t he reaction times isn’t that great thou for a big tank. IMO and IME. So I sold it.
The vertex skimmer is a beast thou
I like the look of it and the way it’s built maybe that is the type of skimmer that it’s going to stay on the market with the high end skimmer I know that Skimmin has one of these and loves it. I have a Deltec and it’s a amazing skimmer I truly love it. However people are asking me Mike if you love it so much why the BK SM 250. I bought it to help out a friend and Plus I'm curious too. I didn’t need the skimmer; The Deltec did my tank fine. SO I will take it off line and try the SM 250 to compare. If I don’t like it it will get sold the 250 that is. Some people love the EXT models for the sake that they want it. Some people need the internal models because they don’t want the room and they can’t afford it.

SO it’s going to depend on
$$$$$
EXTERNAL
INTERNAL
SIZE
HEIGHT
and IF you are crazy enough to go and try all the ways here. mmmm ASMODEUS u are retarded lol I KNOW.

At the end of the day its going to be your opinion.

Last edited by Skimmerking; 01-10-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

OMG you aren't RUNNING the BK yet?

Lol..dude...that Deltec will be for sale in a hurry!

You didn't *think* you needed it. Once you use it...you'll realize you DID
Old 01-10-2010, 09:13 PM
acanthastrea freak

hey you want a good skimmer Brett i will have one for sale.

And how is the heck can I have it running. I visited Leah yesterday and I was going to bring it up , however she didnt have a sump
Old 01-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Oh you're still travelling about...finding yourself =) I look forward to nog shots soon...as well as your post in the buy/sells
Old 01-10-2010, 09:32 PM
acanthastrea freak

hey pm me if you are serious then
Old 01-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Gold Member

Lol I'm serious about you selling that Deltec =) I'm pulling the trigger on one of those budget Bubble Magus'!