Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 07-01-2008, 10:30 PM

EmilyB is on a distinguished road
Default Telus TV

Any customers on here? What do you think of it. We are seriously looking at it for three reasons, three months free, $30 less a month than BellXpressvu, and they include 2 digital box rentals.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:06 AM

chevyjaxon is on a distinguished road

imo cant be good as cable never tried it but a phone line for tv? im skeptical
Old 07-02-2008, 12:08 AM

ae86ray is on a distinguished road

My friend using it ....seems like no problem.....
Old 07-02-2008, 01:03 AM

michika is on a distinguished road

Its so slow...I used it at my cousin's place for 10 days while I house sat. The guide is so slow to come up and respond. Picture, reception, etc. was fine, but the speed at which the guide and its applicable features moved just ruined it for me. She and her husband ended up returning their boxes and returning to shaw for their cable needs.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:44 AM

hillbillyreefer is on a distinguished road

I hate Bell but their service works more often than my Telus phone. The phones have been blanked out in at least a 30 square mile block since early this morning. I sure wish that would happen in a city, betcha they'd fix it. FAST.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:39 AM

EmilyB is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys ! I suspected....
Old 07-13-2008, 06:53 AM

G1GY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer View Post
I hate Bell but their service works more often than my Telus phone. The phones have been blanked out in at least a 30 square mile block since early this morning. I sure wish that would happen in a city, betcha they'd fix it. FAST.
Could be the one phone is just a little better than the other. Telus and Bell piggyback networks with one and other. Unless that's changed recently.

Deb, the biggest drawback that I found when I concidered Telus tv, was that you can only have 2 rigs per houseold at this point. You can't even buy more if you wanted to. The system only supports a max of 2 per home at this point.

That would leave me with 4 tv's on peasant vision.

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET A BONG!?!

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º> ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>
Old 02-26-2010, 12:57 AM

hlywd is on a distinguished road

From what I understand, anytime you have a cable feed coming into your house that feeds both internet and tv, it will slow down both processes. With that in mind, I was a customer of Telus for both internet and tv, but couldn't get fast speeds on my internet which drove me crazy. My friend informed me that Telus has a ridiculously bad history of moving too much of your allotted bandwidth to feed to your tv, and cutting it away from your internet, rather than just giving you alot for each function. I've switched to Shaw, for both services, and couldn't be happier!!!! Anytime you use HD services, they obviously take up alot of your bandwidth as well.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:04 AM
bvlester

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlywd View Post
From what I understand, anytime you have a cable feed coming into your house that feeds both internet and tv, it will slow down both processes. With that in mind, I was a customer of Telus for both internet and tv, but couldn't get fast speeds on my internet which drove me crazy. My friend informed me that Telus has a ridiculously bad history of moving too much of your allotted bandwidth to feed to your tv, and cutting it away from your internet, rather than just giving you alot for each function. I've switched to Shaw, for both services, and couldn't be happier!!!! Anytime you use HD services, they obviously take up alot of your bandwidth as well.
You see with Telus there are many things that will afect your speeds that you get the first and formost ofender is how far you are from the box that is feeding your house. Telus has problems with their internet not for this reason they don't have enough bandwidth to feeding their conection to the internet. Telus has to install more chastas I think that is how you spell it anyways it is a piece of equipment that pops you onto the internet after the gateway. Yes all Telus equipment sits behind a firewall and Shaws does not that is why I use Telus a bit more secure. If you do on line banking or make purchases over the internet with Shaw it is very posible for your information to be duplicated while you are making that transaction. I did an install in Leduc Albert for a guy that was using Shaw he was run an ani-virus scan and in the time he went to the shopping store and back his entire hard drive was downloaded by someone. He had to change all his bank accounts and cancel his credit card and have new ones sent out. He found out that who ever did it had tried to use his credit card and access his on line bankig info after he had canceled them.

I believe it is consumer beware out there and that is why there are so many programs for firewalls and security.

Bill
Old 02-26-2010, 01:50 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvlester View Post
. I did an install in Leduc Albert for a guy that was using Shaw he was run an ani-virus scan and in the time he went to the shopping store and back his entire hard drive was downloaded by someone. He had to change all his bank accounts and cancel his credit card and have new ones sent out. He found out that who ever did it had tried to use his credit card and access his on line bankig info after he had canceled them.

I believe it is consumer beware out there and that is why there are so many programs for firewalls and security.

Bill
I suspect he is telling you a story on that one. yes they can get info, but it is very hard and if your running any anti virius at all it is unlikely. if you have a firewall then that is another hurdle. also online banking ect is 128bit encription, it is going to take a super computer a week to break that, so unless a group is specificly targiting you not to much to worry about there.

Shaw also has firewall, anti virius and e-mail filters you chose to use them or not. telus internet is slow unless you are close to where they have there main equipment, the farther away the slower it is. in outlining comunities it is almost painfull.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.