Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 07:46 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

The OP "rockworm" replied on another forum...here's his response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockworm
Thank you for the very detailed timeline. I am the customer and have no control of the supply line and no access to communications between the supplier and the vendor. I also do not expect to have this access. There were mistakes made by both parties that affected me.

I will have the skimmer on Tuesday and I will move forward. I originally made the request to the LFS on December 16. I will receive the item on January 17 (16th if LFS was open). Perhaps I should not have brought this to forums. I was frustrated enough that I had to vent. As far as I was concerned, the supply chain failed, and I had no reason not to believe my LFS.

Finally, I again thank you for providing the chain of events that occurred. I do hope that this circumstance can be used by all, me included, to better improve customer service to all.

SPS fanatic.

Old 01-16-2017, 08:06 PM

Potatohead is on a distinguished road

Agree with the OP - Supply chain failed. Glad he is getting his skimmer tomorrow.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:21 PM

gmann is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordon View Post
I really hate the whole "holidays" excuse. I mean, really there are two days technically that are stat holidays + New Years. These excuses funnel for the entire month of January as well...

I feel your frustration man, hopefully they deliver soon (literally!)
Its not just 2 days. There are in lieu days to factor in, and every company can chose when to apply their in lieu day. figuring out lead times for orders is a PITA.

buying anything during Christmas is a B***h, especially if the item is a special order one.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:35 PM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDF View Post
Tuesday, Dec 20 – My colleague emailed your LFS notifying him that we could get it in a few days. That was a mistake on his part since a few days would be impossible.
The OP seems to be correct then, the distributer told the LFS in writing they could get them the skimmer in a few days. The rest is excuses.
Old 01-17-2017, 03:11 AM

rockworm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
The OP "rockworm" replied on another forum...here's his response:
Myka, thank you for posting this. I may have over reacted, and for that I apologize to all. I propse that this thread be locked because I just want to move forward. No names have been mentioned and I don't want to go there. This was just one of those unfortunate circumstances that happened and might be a good business case study. We have lost enough LFS's locally and suppliers in the last few years. I will continue to support my LFS's and Canadian suppliers where ever I can. We cannot afford to lose them. We have a wonderful hobby (addiction ) and I don't want to negatively affect those who help us.