Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 06-16-2009, 07:06 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Funny thing is that my RBTA was bubbly when I got it, then it slowly lengthened out to no bubbles at all. Then for the last 6-8 weeks before the move (and consequent split) it was all bubbly again. It has been bubbly since the move too. The littler one that is hiding is not very bubbly right now, but it's not getting much light. I have to dig it out...I'm worried about it. I do notice that it is much less bubbly when the lights are off, and is the bubbliest for the first couple days after it's been fed.

SPS fanatic.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:20 PM

The Cyphastrea that made the trip upsidedown in the sand bucket has made a full recovery!! I can't believe it, I thought it was a goner. It lost about 50% of it's flesh, but has now regained all the flesh back in the last week. Looks good. So as of yet, no losses on the move.

You guys should see the coralline growth!

I should get productive today and work on the rockscape. I need to test too. I've already run myself right out of calcium and magnesium having to bump up 90 gallons of IO saltwater. So I have an order from littlesilvermax for the magnesium (I might try out his calcium chloride in the future), and have some Turbo Calcium on order too. I need to test the tank today, but I know it's still sitting a bit low for calcium and magnesium.

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 06-18-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:08 AM

New Ric from Bayside Corals, very cool coloring - each mouth is surrounded by blue, then a wide band of neon orange, then a rim of blue again. Of course I can't photograph it to do any justice.

These blue Rics from Wicked Frags were only 1 mouth and barely 1" when I bought it in mid-March, and now there are at least 4 mouths and it spreads over 3" round.

I caught my Lobo from Pet City weirdly doing this right after feeding, I could see right into it's belly:

My Squamosa from Red Coral that I got in mid-March has a good 1/4" of new growth on the shell.

The awesome sponge I picked up from a local reefer (with a Galaxea in the background)...still not sure if it likes my tank or not. Sponges are so finicky...

My Open Brain (from Pet City) has started to color back up from very slowly bleaching over several months:

My GSP that is an odd specie, if anyone cares to try to ID it??

My Favia (from Pet City) at feeding time:

I finally caught a pic of my female Bangaii Cardinal:

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 06-21-2009 at 04:21 AM.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:48 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

I too have a weak spot for rics...probably my favorite shrooms...nice score and pics.
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 06-22-2009, 06:07 PM

Rics are the only mushrooms allowed in my tank! I love 'em.

So...I added a Pearly Jawfish to the tank. Not what I wanted to do right now, but we placed a group order with J&L and the Jawfish was supposed to be cancelled, but it was sent. I tried to find a new home for it since I don't have any sand in my tank yet, but couldn't. So I filled a tupperware container with sand and a piece of PVC and put the fish into my tank. He's happily hiding under a flat rock...he didn't like my makeshift Jawfish house apparently. I didn't want to put him in my tank because there is no sand for one, but also because I would like a harem of them, and would have liked to add them all at the same time. Plus, I wanted the tank to settle in for a couple months at least before adding any new fish.

I do however have another fish on order (that I'm very excited about) that should come tomorrow. This was an exception to my "no new fish for a couple months" because it is rather rare to come by, so I had to jump on the chance.

SPS fanatic.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:12 PM

karazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Rics are the only mushrooms allowed in my tank! I love 'em.

So...I added a Pearly Jawfish to the tank. Not what I wanted to do right now, but we placed a group order with J&L and the Jawfish was supposed to be cancelled, but it was sent. I tried to find a new home for it since I don't have any sand in my tank yet, but couldn't. So I filled a tupperware container with sand and a piece of PVC and put the fish into my tank. He's happily hiding under a flat rock...he didn't like my makeshift Jawfish house apparently. I didn't want to put him in my tank because there is no sand for one, but also because I would like a harem of them, and would have liked to add them all at the same time. Plus, I wanted the tank to settle in for a couple months at least before adding any new fish.

I do however have another fish on order (that I'm very excited about) that should come tomorrow. This was an exception to my "no new fish for a couple months" because it is rather rare to come by, so I had to jump on the chance.
why would you torture us with such a secret?
Old 06-23-2009, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karazy View Post
why would you torture us with such a secret?
I sooo want one too
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 06-23-2009, 07:15 AM

Oh you should Doug!!!

New mystery fishie coming tomorrow at 10:30 am. STOKED.

SPS fanatic.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:40 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Briareum for the GSP maybe?

Patiently awaiting the pictures of your pending arrival ...
Old 06-23-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Oh you should Doug!!!

New mystery fishie coming tomorrow at 10:30 am. STOKED.
Alas...I cant....Royal Gramma....anxiously awaits the arrival of your new fishie(and prezzie)