Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 06-08-2009, 06:08 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

You guys are hilarious!!!

The tang didn't get switched around (hahahaha Leah!), but he has changed colors again/still!

Oh, and the funniest thing happened...my RBTA split lastnight! Stoked on that. Now I have two little nems. The bigger piece is doing really well, all tucked into a spot, and bubbled up. The smaller piece looks good, but is travelling around.

Here's the smaller one (that I will probably sell if anyone's interested):

And a very unfinished FTS with everything more or less randomly jammed in:

SPS fanatic.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

Changing color thing is probably pure fright, Cool about the anenome though!!
Old 06-08-2009, 07:04 PM

BlueAbyss is on a distinguished road

Hmm doesn't look too bad for having everything mushed in there
Old 06-08-2009, 07:06 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Ahhh, too bad I'm too far away to buy that clone Oh well, someone closer in will get a nice beaut I guess. Glad to hear things are moving forward for ya..
Old 06-08-2009, 07:18 PM

Oh but Tony, you have great things to trade!! I don't mind shipping if you don't.

Thanks for the comments everyone! I can't say the tank looks bad in the way everything is just tossed in including the rock, haha way too muh of it too, but it will look a lot better when things are organised better. Albeit, the large amount of rock makes it look fuller than it is. I was expecting it to look more bare than it does with only enough livestock to fill a 33, but it's not horribly bare by any means. I bet once I remove half the rock it will look more bare!!

SPS fanatic.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:51 AM

Lance is on a distinguished road

So glad the move went well. Everything looks happy and healthy.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:24 PM

Well everything looks great this morning too!

Except one small Cyphastrea frag that made the journey buried in the bucket of sand. That one is losing some flesh, so I'm not sure it will survive. It is quite small, so it's understandable that it could have been mixed up in the sand and not seen. I'm hoping enough of it will survive to stay alive.

The anemones have both taken up residence behind and under the rocks so they are getting ZERO direct light. Grrr... stupid nems. Oh well, once I get the rock scaping done they will have nowhere to hide!! Muahahahahaha!!!

The Perc has residence in the larger RBTA. He's happy. You should have seen the look of concern on his little clown face when his nem was first moved in there and all deflated. You could see him, "Come on buddy, get up!! What's wrong? Are you ok?" When the nems split the Perc abandoned post, and i think he was thinking "Ok seriously here buddy, you're messed up. This self-inflicted wounding is soooo not cool." Now he's all "Oh I'm so sorry I talked to you like that, you're still the awesomest, but I'm sooo not talking to that little spawn of yours over there. Pfff."

Ok maybe I've gone mad.

I'm enjoying the BB of this tank for right now. Yep...I've definitely gone mad. Ha!

I have a very large Bangaii Cardinal that I got off a reefer here in Saskatoon that is in a Rubbermaid right now with all the rock from my old tank. I think the big one is a female, and after looking at my remaining Banger I'm not entirely sure whether it is the female or the male. The silly thing stays hiding all the time though, so I can't get a good look. I'm scared to put the Bangers together! I gotta hunt through my old rock too and try to find the Emerald crabs...I forgot about them.

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 06-09-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:32 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Well everything looks great this morning too!

Except one small Cyphastrea frag that made the journey buried in the bucket of sand. That one is losing some flesh, so I'm not sure it will survive. It is quite small, so it's understandable that it could have been mixed up in the sand and not seen. I'm hoping enough of it will survive to stay alive.

The anemones have both taken up residence behind and under the rocks so they are getting ZERO direct light. Grrr... stupid nems. Oh well, once I get the rock scaping done they will have nowhere to hide!! Muahahahahaha!!!

The Perc has residence in the larger RBTA. He's happy. You should have seen the look of concern on his little clown face when his nem was first moved in there and all deflated. You could see him, "Come on buddy, get up!! What's wrong? Are you ok?" When the nems split the Perc abandoned post, and i think he was thinking "Ok seriously here buddy, you're messed up. This self-inflicted wounding is soooo not cool." Now he's all "Oh I'm so sorry I talked to you like that, you're still the awesomest, but I'm sooo not talking to that little spawn of yours over there. Pfff."

Ok maybe I've gone mad.

I'm enjoying the BB of this tank for right now. Yep...I've definitely gone mad. Ha!

I have a very large Bangaii Cardinal that I got off a reefer here in Saskatoon that is in a Rubbermaid right now with all the rock from my old tank. I think the big one is a female, and after looking at my remaining Banger I'm not entirely sure whether it is the female or the male. The silly thing stays hiding all the time though, so I can't get a good look. I'm scared to put the Bangers together! I gotta hunt through my old rock too and try to find the Emerald crabs...I forgot about them.
And so begins Mindy's nem saga....nems is evil...have I mentioned that?...that reminds me ...I should update my journal with the latest in my nem saga....probably wont be long before your perc is two timing.
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 06-09-2009, 04:38 PM

Blom is on a distinguished road

Ive heard of people talking for their pets before, but this monologue you have your clown doing is out there. Im pretty sure ive heard Doug say that nems are evil before as well.

28G JBJ Cube Last Tank

Seriously shopping around for a new tank
Old 06-09-2009, 04:49 PM

Yep nems is evil. Right now they don't have any sting left from being moved though. Hehehehehe.

Wow, I made a stupid mistake. When I got all my livestock I had about 40 lbs of my old liverock come too. Well I plopped that into a Rubbermaid bin I've had going for awhile where the giant Bangaii is (that I bought out here, not my original Bangaii). Stupid me never thought of the fact that the rock would probably cycle after being moved. I just went to feed the Bangaii and it's dead. I feel like an @$$ too because the guy I bought it off said it was his first sw fish that he got 2 years ago!! Oh man...stupid mistake.

SPS fanatic.