Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Q&A

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 07:58 AM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Selling?

Are there terms and conditions that limit users from posting too much 'for sale' or more specifically how much/how often people can post coral for sale?

Just curious after a recent ad had to be removed that I had interest in.

Thanks.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:09 PM

digital-audiophile is on a distinguished road

From what I've come to understand, if you are selling the odd peice of equipment or livestock that it what it is for. If you are selling frags or the like on a regular basis you become more of a vendor and should pay to be a sponsor as others have.

90G : Light - Tek 6xT5 | Skim - EuroReef RS135 | Flow - 2xVortech MP40W | Control - Reef Keeper 2
Old 03-06-2009, 01:58 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Greg is correct. We don't have an official policy, but rather review posts on a per post basis. Anything seen as commercial, in as much as it closely resembles ads placed by our vendors, is deemed as such. The post you refer to was designated as this month's new sale, had substantial volume, more than one or two pruned pieces and was a repeat ad.
While we understand every successful hobbyist will have frags to clear out occaisonally, monthly sales of more than a dozen different pieces, offered across multiple cities, with mention of waiving shipping, etc, is exactly what our paying sponsors pay for.
This is especially true when photos of grow outs are posted having multiples of each piece.
We certainly want to encourage selling and trading of your pruned surplus, but we also have to consider the rights of our sponsors.
I hope this answers your question, if you need clarification, please PM me directly. Thanks