Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 06-25-2013, 09:06 PM

Jakegr is on a distinguished road

Thanks so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience with the tank. Moulting shrimp have tricked me many times too! It is amazing how closely a fresh moult can resemble real live shrimp.

Best wishes and I hope Jasper feels better again soon.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:14 PM

Claudia is on a distinguished road

I love the fact the Jasper has a chair in from too the tank lol Sorry about Paco but t least Bond is ok
Old 06-25-2013, 10:03 PM

marie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino View Post
amazing job and such big hearts you guys have may I ask who will be doing w.c and other stuff besides feeding fish? im assuming they are new to fishkeeping and probley really busy
I am supplying new salt water, mixed and heated for water changes and I am also on call any time they are in need of help

300g tank
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86252
Old 06-25-2013, 10:48 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie View Post
I am supplying new salt water, mixed and heated for water changes and I am also on call any time they are in need of help
Yes, and if it wasn't for Marie being willing to provide this long-term, in-town support, this whole project would probably have been a non-starter since its a 10 hours round-trip with 2 ferry rides each way to run up to Powell River to do a water change

Luckily, Marie lives less than 5 minutes from Jasper's new house where his new reef tank is set up. Thanks again Marie. Please let me know when you are running low on salt again and I'll see what I can do to send more buckets up.

Sincerely,

Anthony
Old 07-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Gold Member

So my friend Dean from Powell River will probably be coming down to visit this coming weekend. I will be sending some more stuff up for Jasper's tank so if anybody wants to send something up please let me know and we can arrange it.

Anthony
Old 07-01-2013, 05:11 PM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic View Post
So my friend Dean from Powell River will probably be coming down to visit this coming weekend. I will be sending some more stuff up for Jasper's tank so if anybody wants to send something up please let me know and we can arrange it.

Anthony
I wasn't able to swing by the BBQ the other weekend because my grandfather passed away that day but I've been wanting drop stuff off. Is there anything Jasper is still looking for?

I have a whole bunch of different zoas and palys I can bring over (mohawks, variable stars, cat's eyes, nuclear green, Electric orange lunar palys, etc), some electric green GSP with super long tentacles, some hardy SPS frags? (red digi, etc).

I'm not sure how packed the tank is yet but let me know if there is something I can add!
Old 07-01-2013, 11:29 PM

Lance is on a distinguished road

OMG! I feel terrible! Right in my backyard and I didn't know a thing about it. Haven't been on here in months.
Anthony and Marie, what a wonderful thing to do. If you need any help or supplies or whatever,do not hesitate to give me a call. I would love to help out.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:46 AM
Gold Member

Lance,

I even called you when I came up to PR a couple weeks ago & left a message with your wife. She must still be POed with you about the whole backwash incidents back in the day & didn't pass on the message.

Was going to ask you two to join us for dinner at that Asian fusion place across from Marie's.

You can check with Marie to see if there's anything needed. I will be sending up a second round of frags & goodies for Jasper's tank this weekend with my buddy Dean.

Anthony
Old 07-02-2013, 03:31 AM

Lance is on a distinguished road

No, she's over that. I just asked her about it and she said that you had called and she forgot to relay the message. Would have been fun to go for dinner though. Damn Woman!
Anyway, don't hesitate to ask, I would love to help out.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:16 PM
Gold Member

Horrible news. Jasper passed away today. Our condolences and prayers are with the family. RIP Jasper. Sorry, got to stop typing now.

Anthony