Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia

Old 09-08-2014, 09:55 PM

jhj0112 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guy View Post
There'a shop on Beatty street not far from Stadium sky train station that has coral I think.
I think it is Aquariums West.. They have some corals in stock.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:35 PM

Animal-Chin is on a distinguished road

Oceanic Corals is my favorite by far. Its The guys that work there are awesome and you can get some awesome frags. Every frag I have purchased there is thriving. Its in Aldergrove so its a bit of a journey but worth it a few times a year...

J&L is like the costco of saltwater. If you need something they'll have it. I've had a few dud corals from there but their fish seem really healthy. Its a good place for equipment...

Island pets in Burnaby used to have a lot of fish and coral but now just a bit. The richmond store has more coral but I was there last weekend and the fish stock is really low for some reason.

Aquariums West in downtown vancouver is great. Really friendly and knowledgable staff. They are getting in more coral in October from what they tell me. For equipment its hit and miss, they carry a lot of stuff but really seem to specialize in fresh water. I've purchased a lot of coral and a few fish from there and everything has turned out great. I like that its mom and pop rather than the J&L vibe myself.

King Eds pets is an adventure in itself. The saltwater section is in the basement and sorta weird...lol There is an older guy who works down there and you wonder if he's ever let out or if he's some sort of saltwater prisoner? One thing I noticed there is the prices seemed really reasonable. Coral was cheaper there so I bought more...