Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 06-07-2015, 05:44 AM

Roskoreef is on a distinguished road

awsome find today at oceans, a 5" Australian harlequin tusk wrasse, this guy is awsome. He ate about an hour after he was in the new tank, and was cruzing around all night... I was anticipating him to be relatively calm, timid and hide for a while..Athough he is the biggest fish.

hard to take photos, hes fast.

sun shot on the B side of the tank

blue bird wrasse looks like a hummingbird

Old 06-08-2015, 02:56 AM

shiftline is on a distinguished road

Beautiful shots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-08-2015, 06:54 AM

jazzywashbuckler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskoreef View Post
update, ick and some dead fish...... all from the same store..im sure of it... actually now that i think of it every coral i got from this shop also died within a month. I wont say which one, but i will give credit to the shops which i have bought the rest of the tanks inhabitants and corals from (which are all alive and well, even with some ich in the tank now and i suspect possibly flatworm).The fish i got from concept is strong, healthy and eating well, as well as everything from wai's ive had no trouble, all healthy and happy fish and corals.

Now what to do about the situation, obviusly wont be buying anything from that shop, i have ich....maybe flatworm....*&^$. I have been using polyplabs medic for 3 days now, another 7 to go. Its a water conditioner as well as a reef safe ich medicine. You cannot run UV or carbon when medicating so i suspect any of the sick fish perished when i dropped the uv. All others have recovered now but i want to do the 10 days to rid it of ich. has anyone tried this before?
Pm me the place hell I don't want the ick either
Old 06-08-2015, 07:13 AM

Sweet tank holy cow. Them pics so good I'm gonna print them on postcards lol
Old 06-08-2015, 03:31 PM

Skimmer Juice is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzywashbuckler View Post
Pm me the place hell I don't want the ick either
does not matter where you buy your fish , there is always a chance of getting it . its up to you to look for the healthiest fish and if you are not qt'ing at least to observe you are running a risk of adding something to your system. I have bought stuff from ocean's , gold's, wai's , concepts , and reef wonderland had good success at all of them also have had a few things not make it just the way things go .
Old 06-08-2015, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmer Juice View Post
does not matter where you buy your fish , there is always a chance of getting it . its up to you to look for the healthiest fish and if you are not qt'ing at least to observe you are running a risk of adding something to your system. I have bought stuff from ocean's , gold's, wai's , concepts , and reef wonderland had good success at all of them also have had a few things not make it just the way things go .
Fully agree, sure i was angry at that shop but in the end it was my responsibility to qt and make sure the fish was healthy, nobody put the fish in for me..
Old 06-08-2015, 05:12 PM

Skimmer Juice is on a distinguished road

I seen it was an older post just wanted to let jazzy know as he is new to the hobby . Dont want him to single out a shop for the wrong reasons

Rosko love your updates as you always pick up cool stuff , tank is coming along great
Old 06-08-2015, 08:16 PM

Thumbs up

Amicable what you said, and totally true. We should forgive and forget. The risks are there. Why would we want to ruin a business which potentially took a lifetime to build. Highest respect for you not naming the place.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:29 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Sweet pic of the Bird Wrasse!

SPS fanatic.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:07 AM

thanks everyone, im surprised at some of the shots that come out of my phone.. here are some more... Im so happy with the placement of my tank, i really had no choice but the sun in the evening makes for sweet photo moments. Added more fish, more chromis, at 30 now. I think. no casualties but hard to count lol i dont thinki will add anymore. might look crowded.

I have been thinking lately and watching my tank, and it dawned on me, i have only ever had a max of 20 snails and 15 crabs. not much of a clean up crew...plus i dont expect many to be around with 4 large wrasse.. So ive decided that i will go without a crew all together. The remaining crabs and snails will be food and i will be the clean up crew, vacuum more often and dose bio mate and zeozym on a regular. I also added my absolute favourite fish that will most definetly eat snails and crabs..

big one going green/blue

seahorse(small tank) almost was eaten by this donut coral... i thought he was a gonner but finally made it away, almost went in with the tongs!...lucky i was home..

HUNGRY

Chillin on the gyres flame hawk

this guy is crusing already, seems happy although not competitive for food yet, those chromis are like piranahs!

my favourite new friend..

new chromis looking for a bed...they all sleep in the acro colonies

tank is coming along much better thank i had hoped, thanks everyone on canreef and local area for your help and encouragement. Have definetly avoided some potential disasters by reading through journals etc.