Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 05-25-2010, 01:17 AM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

Lights are in, fans soon as the holes are cut but i forgot to mount them as i was too excited to see thank that i have had running for weeks in the dark under new light.....

Pics to come..
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:47 AM

Pic of the fan system.

First pic with the lights on....

72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

Old 05-25-2010, 05:48 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

I cant believe how dim it looks in the picture....way brighter in person.....did you put shades on the camera too?
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 05-25-2010, 07:47 PM

Crappy point and shoot camera.... i didnt play with the white balance too much... have to work it out.. as yes that is far bluer than it is in person.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:03 PM

4lti7ude is on a distinguished road

Tank looks AMAZING with the lights finally.
The aquascaping looks very natural.
Cant wait to see some live stock in their

4lti7ude's 20Gallon Nano Tank
Old 06-12-2010, 07:43 AM

Just started adding a few pieces of coral to this tank and hoping to get my first fish in this weekend. most likely it will be my pair of clowns....thus it begins..... still need to get the fans on aswell.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:05 AM

Well after a few more stops at memory express than planned i have managed to find a "usb 2.0 to IDE" adapter kit that will power my fan controller.this means only one power cord to the wall and cuts down the wires to the controller down to 1 aswell..... all said and done for the 4 fans, controler and power the cost was just under $200... when its up and running i will add pics with a better description of what the components are... will have 2 in and 2 out fans all of which are 12 cm diameter with a running speed of 1200 rpm per fan...

The controler is temp sensitive and will control each fan independantly, to its temp sensor...

As for those of you that said it couldn't be with a computer setup......KmyA its done and for less than what 2 tunze "aquarium" fans would cost. READ A BOOK before you shoot down someone elses idea....

Old 06-13-2010, 02:17 AM

OK fans in and running. First up is a pic, of the equiptment aside form the fans. the controler, temp probs and power supply (which also bypasses the need for the unit to interface with the motherboard).

Second is a pick of two of the fans from the inside of the canopy.. (nevermind the small fan in the middle as its just there).

Third is the back of the canopy and the wires to show excatlly where the fans are..... the bottom 2 fans blow in and the top 2 are exhaust.

And last but not least the controler itself... the temp probes are just hanging now as i want to slice the cable and make it longer, so they all read the same thing. you can also read the RPM's for each fan (fan four tops out at 1200 and the other three at 1600 rpm)......each fan can be independantly controled from one of the 4 probes (air temp only). in less than an hour i noticed a 3 degree drop in air temp, then the lights went out...

Old 06-14-2010, 05:13 AM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

so?.....whats the verdict?.....it was a hot day today?.....did you run the lights?
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 06-14-2010, 08:46 AM

yeah the lights ran and were cooler than they have been in the past.... just added a 6" clip on to the sump so i think i may finally be good.