Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 04-21-2019, 06:42 PM

FlamesFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDog View Post
No one is interested in contributing to this site. We invited several 'expert level' members to have their own forum, provide tips and answer questions and all of them declined. We had a POTM contest every month, until not one single picture was submitted, two months in a row. We had a TOTQ contest, until every single tank that won ended up crashing, or being shut down soon after, only to have the contest be labeled as cursed. We had the resignation of several moderators, which piled more work into the remaining ones. We had massive complaints from paying Vendors about members who were constantly selling frags. We changed the buy and sell rules to favour the Vendors, which then ticked off the members. We lost major Vendors as paying sponsors to free media sites like Facebook. We've got members who don't even know how to upload pictures because they have no idea how to navigate BB sites, are use to instant picture uploads to social media sites, and can't be bothered to learn. We've got hundreds of thousands of pictures lost to Photobucket because of their new 'pay to use' bullshit. We were promised a New Canreef platform that was a hybrid of BB, Facebook and other social media sites, that would be easier to contribute to, and instantly share pics, locations, tags etc, only to have its development completely aborted 2 years ago. We had Alberta's oil field employment nose dive, and we lost a ton of contributing members to that. Most newer members think growing and selling coral is going to make them a ton of money, and are in the hobby for profit (haha fools), they are more than welcome to use here, FB Coral Hoarders and other FB pages to sell stuff.

The buy and sell guidelines were discussed at length when they were written, and we are fine with the location being either in the title, in the thread, or the sellers profile.

Thanks for the explanation. Seems like wheelman fits right into this description based on his post history. Sad to see where the hobby has gone.

Back to lurker mode.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:04 PM
Zoa Hoarder

davej is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFan View Post
Thanks for the explanation. Seems like wheelman fits right into this description based on his post history. Sad to see where the hobby has gone.

Back to lurker mode.

From the guy, that out of the last 12 posts started, 11 were buy and sell
Hmmmmm.........

Complaining about buy and sell locations
Hmmmmm.........

Last edited by davej; 04-21-2019 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:21 PM

FlamesFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by davej View Post
From the guy, that out of the last 12 posts started, 11 were buy and sell
Hmmmmm.........

Complaining about buy and sell locations
Hmmmmm.........
Yeap sure looks like im trying to run a business off canreef....
11 sales posts posted over 10 years....Did you even take the time to look at that?

Im refering to "We had massive complaints from paying Vendors about members who were constantly selling frags."

Pretty much sums up wheelman? Obviously uses canreef as a "vendor" platform without being a vendor.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:46 PM

blacknife is on a distinguished road

I complained about the same thing years ago, and got about the same replys. Though i am in a few local fb groups i still prefer the canreef format. Alberta's contributions have definatly slowed down, myself included. I check in every week or 2 instead of multiple times daily as it feels there are only a handfull of active locals.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2019, 08:00 PM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

If you'd like to help make this a better site, then please feel free to contribute with discussion threads, posting a picture in the Full Tank Shots thread, or creating a Tank Journal of your own. All of it would be most welcome. Members who show a level of contribution are given more favour amongst moderators.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:43 PM
Zoa Hoarder

davej is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Pretty much sums up wheelman? Obviously uses canreef as a "vendor" platform without being a vendor.
Food for thought
Go and try to find some of the stuff Wheelman and others are offering.
Quality vendor offerings are few and far between in my opinion, or so overpriced as to not be an option for myself.
It's nice to be able to find quality corals close to home at a reasonable price.
And to be honest, how many guys do you think are actually making anything more than funds to plough back into the hobby?
Old 04-21-2019, 08:59 PM
Thinks he can get Mods fired

acepumping is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yeap sure looks like im trying to run a business off canreef....
11 sales posts posted over 10 years....Did you even take the time to look at that?

Im refering to "We had massive complaints from paying Vendors about members who were constantly selling frags."

oh man, if you only knew!!... jess is far from a vendor.. he invest whatever he makes back into the hobby, so us locals can have a better selection locally.. not just saying this as he is a good friend.. but i also know what time, dedication and money it takes for this hobby..sounds to me like you just have a trolling problem...
Old 04-21-2019, 09:05 PM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road
Default Coquitlam bc

I love wheelmans corals except the guy can’t tell yellow from green.

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013
Old 04-21-2019, 09:15 PM

Reyphox is on a distinguished road

Wheelman has some beauties! I can nvr get out there with my kids daycare pickup schedule
Old 04-21-2019, 09:21 PM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road

Just in case anyone is wondering....wheelman is in North Vancouver. That’s where all the high society corals live. The upper echelon of reef keeping.

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013