Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > Vancouver Island

Old 08-31-2005, 01:19 AM

snailbuddy is on a distinguished road
Default Gotta Shop!

Hey island people . . . I'm heading to Nanaimo from land-locked Edmonton - looking for marine fishes, critters and corals (always!) So, from what I'm reading there is My Fish Tank. Anything else in or around? Thanks for your help! While you're at it, what's fun to do there . . . must be some secrets that the 'net isn't telling me!
Old 08-31-2005, 01:39 AM

Scavenger is on a distinguished road

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but My Fish Tank has nothing in the salt water department right now. There is nowhere else in Nanaimo. If you are here for a bit, try down island. Stop at Island Pet Zone in Duncan and Safari or Hillside in Victoria. I think there may be a couple more in Victoria, but I haven't been to any others.

The other choice is a grand whopping population of 3 active canreefers in town,

As for other fun, I guess it depends on what you are into. For me world class salmon fishing is only hours away. For others, ...???? How the heck would I know. I'm always gone fishing.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:07 AM

snailbuddy is on a distinguished road

Well, I'm only down for a couple of days - can check MFT and maybe scoot into Victoria! Thanks for the help! We aren't doing much better in Edmonton - we have 2 retail stores, a guy in the basement and this nice guy online! We head down to Calgary for variety. As for fun, we love fishing too - so might have to check into that. Will go to the Dingy Dock (if it's still there) and I heard something about large rocks somewhere. We are flying in, won't have a car so won't be going too far out of town. It will just be fun to be around water! My pond just isn't doing it for me
Old 08-31-2005, 04:25 AM

BCWolfen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to BCWolfen

Let me know when your in town. Maybe we can arrange to drive you down to Island Pet Zone in Duncan. I haven't been down in a bit myself.
Dingy Dock Pub is still there.
Home:160Gal. Foxface, Yellow Tang, Blue Tang, Coral Beauty, Lawnmower Blenny, Starwberry Dottyback, Mandarin Goby, 2 Percula Clowns, Green Brittle Star, Brown Brittle Star, Chocolate Chip Star, Cleaner Shrimp
Store: 33Gal. Green Brittle Star, Chocolate Chip Star, Peppermint Shrimp
Old 08-31-2005, 09:01 AM

Reefhawk1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Reefhawk1

Last edited by Reefhawk1; 02-23-2007 at 02:22 AM.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:07 AM

the.girl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to the.girl
Unhappy My Fish Tank

My Fish Tank literally is MY fish tank. i work there and my very good friend owns it. I take in any fish/reptiles that they can't keep in stock anymore. We may not have any salt water fish anymore, but we're seriously considering starting it again. in the middle of the night about 5 months ago our entire salt water system combusted, killing all the saltwater fish, and blasting our tanks. I'm not trying to be obnoxious, but please consider the fact that we have reason to not sell marine creatures anymore.