Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 03-27-2018, 05:54 PM

ongquang21 is on a distinguished road

Did i ever say it was not my fault, Myka ? May I rewrite it into - It is totally my fault to trust the seller too much to introduce the fish into my DT without quarantine since his reputation too high
I havent even complained in all private messages sent to him. May I copy and paste all pm between me and Gary here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Gary, quit posting about this. Get over it.

Just to be clear, this is your own fault. It has nothing to do with "trusting the seller", and everything to do with you making a poor decision. There is no proof which system these worms were in. All we know is that this particular fish was susceptible to the worms, wherever they were picked up from.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:22 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ongquang21 View Post
Did i ever say it was not my fault, Myka ? May I rewrite it into - It is totally my fault to trust the seller too much to introduce the fish into my DT without quarantine since his reputation too high

Sorry Gary's whining was annoying me (), my message came off a bit strong.

Nope, you didn't say it was anyone's fault, but you still missed the point - it has nothing to do with trusting the seller. It is always buyer beware, and my point is that everyone should be cautious no matter where a fish comes from. No one should ever change their quarantine procedure because they "trust the seller".

SPS fanatic.

Old 03-27-2018, 06:51 PM

ongquang21 is on a distinguished road

So, I learned a lesson today since i had always believed being aware going parallel well with reputation. If a higher reputation person is, the less to be aware of bad thing would happen is.

Quote:
Sorry Gary's whining was annoying me (), my message came off a bit strong.

Nope, you didn't say it was anyone's fault, but you still missed the point - it has nothing to do with trusting the seller. It is always buyer beware, and my point is that everyone should be cautious no matter where a fish comes from. No one should ever change their quarantine procedure because they "trust the seller".
Old 03-27-2018, 08:38 PM

Ryanerickson is on a distinguished road

hello thought I would chime in as the fish was originally mine. little history, I owned this fish for 7-8 years possibly more originally bought from ocean aquatics in delta (now closed) it came in the size of a quarter. the fish in question was with other tangs for most of the time I owned it. something i can confirm is it would occasionally get 2-3 if those hanging white things from stress ( tank move or day after stirring up the tank. no other fish ever got these Mark's and I assumed it was a small case of ich, days later it would always go away. I'm completely useless on diagnosing as I thought it was ich lol. something I can say is whatever it is it never spread, the fish was always eating like a pig and had a fat belly. hoping you figure it out as I would love to see that guy thrive in your large tank.

best of luck Ryan
Old 03-27-2018, 10:45 PM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

So its Ryan's fault.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:36 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDog View Post
So its Ryan's fault.
Obviously.

Does Gary have a big reputation? Is the o p talking about those silly reputation points on the canreef system?

SPS fanatic.

Old 03-28-2018, 02:59 AM

Bonsai is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Obviously.

Does Gary have a big reputation? Is the o p talking about those silly reputation points on the canreef system?
Myka it is very convenient to blame others for there mistakes. He said that he made mistake by trusting Gary.Real mistake is buying live stock without inspection,or quarantine,or coral deep.Once you take it, it mean you are happy with your buy.On the top Gary offer him refund.He didn't wanted.If OP want to rant he should understand nature of buying live animals.If you buy online they give you DOA 2 hours after delivery.After that is you luck.No one is 100 % sure.But what do i know.
Old 03-28-2018, 08:24 PM

Dash is on a distinguished road

Gonna stick my neck out here...in fairness to OP, he started this thread simply to ask for help with his fish. I really feel for him as someone who probably will find myself in same situation of asking for advice. Now there is a whole thing about who to blame for his situation. I would feel very hesitant about asking for help if the discussion takes this kind of turn.

I don’t know either of these people, but in all honesty, I detect a certain sympathy towards “Gary” (first name basis) as opposed to “op.” I didn’t see any “ranting” from 0ngquang and the blame issue was not initiated by him. It would be nice to focus on what might be done to help his fish that he’s so worried about.

Just my 2cents. I really value all the info I get from this little community.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:06 PM

Bonsai is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash View Post
Gonna stick my neck out here...in fairness to OP, he started this thread simply to ask for help with his fish. I really feel for him as someone who probably will find myself in same situation of asking for advice. Now there is a whole thing about who to blame for his situation. I would feel very hesitant about asking for help if the discussion takes this kind of turn.

I don’t know either of these people, but in all honesty, I detect a certain sympathy towards “Gary” (first name basis) as opposed to “op.” I didn’t see any “ranting” from 0ngquang and the blame issue was not initiated by him. It would be nice to focus on what might be done to help his fish that he’s so worried about.

Just my 2cents. I really value all the info I get from this little community.
He stated few times that he trusted to much seller.I dont know about you but it is hard to have sympathy for someone blaming other for his misfortune.Never had business with Gary,never saw him. Guy offer to help in any way he can.Return is "i trusted to much seller".But i know few guys who support there hobby ,or making extra money for family by selling corals or fish.Not fun.Agree ,we should help
Old 03-29-2018, 12:40 AM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

In the red corner we have the tag team Louie “I’m stiff as a board” Crusty and in the blue corner Billy “ain’t nobody get our sense of humour” Jones. .. Doesn’t anyone care about the poor fish? Is it dead, recovered swimming around lol’ing after reading this thread on his little fishie smart phone.

Last edited by jorjef; 03-29-2018 at 12:44 AM.