Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 12-14-2017, 03:46 PM

azulikit is on a distinguished road
Default Chemicals

Out of the loop and have some chemicals to sell. What is the going rate for cmag sulfate, mag chloride and sodium bicarbonate?
Old 12-14-2017, 06:19 PM

corpusse is on a distinguished road

I just ordered the reef crest brand from J&L. They are the cheapest of the aquarium branded ones at just over $3 a gallon for the alk and ca pre portioned sizes. The larger containers similar to the BRS ones are probably cheaper on a per gallon basis but 3 gallons of each should last me the year and at a little over $18 that's a very fair price.

With the low dollar and high brs shipping prices it just made more sense to try these for the amount of other stuff I needed to order. The lower cost hopefully doesn't mean lower quality control but I haven't heard any reports of bad batches. To be fair there aren't many reports of good usages but I think it's pretty hard to screw up sodium carbonate.