Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Pictures

Old 03-22-2016, 10:24 PM

gtareef is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone. But I'm still not satisfied. I want to add more sps colonies within the next few months and maybe redo the rock. Hopefully Reef Raft will bring in some crazy Aussie pieces soon.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:36 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Gorgeous. What happened to the Pearlberry? One of my favourites. If too painful, no need to reply.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:48 PM

Lol no worries. I killed over 200 or more because of rookie mistake or equipment failure since started this hobby. Although this one was painful, it wasn't that bad compared to when clams spawned and killed over 70% of my sps within 24 hours.

A store in Toronto asked me to hold their corals for a few months. I took the challenge and put about 50 pieces in my 270g. Within two weeks a lot of my sps started rtn and all I could think of is chemical warfare.

Prior to that those pieces have been with me for more than 2-3 years.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:28 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtareef View Post
Although this one was painful, it wasn't that bad compared to when clams spawned and killed over 70% of my sps within 24 hours.
I've had this happen to me before too. I was holding some giant clams for a local reefer who was supposed to have his new tank set up and pick up the clams in 3 months. At the 6 month mark, they spawned, tank and house smelled like the ocean (and not in a good way) and lost 70+ percent of my corals too. I was a bit choked to say the least.

Anthony
Old 03-23-2016, 12:19 AM

Wow. That’s sucks. I spoke to other reefers and the same thing happened to them but their system was able to handle it.

I have a great skimmer but that wasn't enough. After that incident I sold three large clams and just kept one.
Old 03-23-2016, 12:21 AM

I hope your friend gave you some freebies for your lost.
Old 03-23-2016, 12:21 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Awesome FTS bud
Old 03-23-2016, 01:54 AM

Taipan is on a distinguished road

I have had the privilege to be invited on many occasions to visit member "gtareef" and I am always awe struck. He is humble, generous with his advice, and a hobbyist of the highest order. An asset to this community.

The great thing (for me) - he and member Explor3r (Alex) are only a few minutes away from me.
Old 03-23-2016, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzz4 View Post
Awesome FTS bud
Thanks bud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
I have had the privilege to be invited on many occasions to visit member "gtareef" and I am always awe struck. He is humble, generous with his advice, and a hobbyist of the highest order. An asset to this community.

The great thing (for me) - he and member Explor3r (Alex) are only a few minutes away from me.
Thank you my friend! Those exact same words can describe you both as well
Old 03-23-2016, 05:28 AM

shiftline is on a distinguished road

Beautiful shots