Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 07-13-2012, 11:14 PM

NeRP is on a distinguished road
Default LF: Baby/Juvenile Inverts in calgary

I'm looking for a breeder of inverts as I want young ones for my 35/25 set up, looking for :

-arrow crab
-CBS
-emerald crabs
And doubt any one has a young one but it'd be nice...
-tuxedo urchin
Old 07-14-2012, 12:12 AM
Vendor

fragbox.ca is on a distinguished road

people breed these things?
Old 07-14-2012, 12:19 AM

I'm sure they're not all stolen from the ocean, and we haven't been passing around the same inverts through out the aquarium trade for the past 30 years...

So yes I'm sure someone does, and if there isn't I think I found my calling in this hobby...
Old 07-14-2012, 01:52 AM

Davidbugera is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Davidbugera

I u do I'll be ur best and steadiest customer lol
Old 07-14-2012, 02:15 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeRP View Post
I'm sure they're not all stolen from the ocean, and we haven't been passing around the same inverts through out the aquarium trade for the past 30 years...

So yes I'm sure someone does, and if there isn't I think I found my calling in this hobby...
I'm sure nobody does, and it's a great idea! Set up some tanks and get breeding!
Old 07-14-2012, 01:57 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

None of those listed are raised anywhere other than laboratories. Just recently, you can find some captive bred Peppermint Shrimp from at least one supplier, but that's about it for CB inverts. The trouble is that these inverts have a long pelagic larval stage, and are difficult to raise. Peppermint shrimp are a bit easier, albeit definitely not "easy".

SPS fanatic.

Old 07-15-2012, 03:45 PM

Thanks, well guess you guys are right time to start researching breading, now the question is which species first.... I think emeralds as they are what I got in to the hobby for.... unless you think there's, a more profitable, species to go after...thoughts
Old 07-15-2012, 03:54 PM

Davidbugera is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Davidbugera

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeRP View Post
Thanks, well guess you guys are right time to start researching breading, now the question is which species first.... I think emeralds as they are what I got in to the hobby for.... unless you think there's, a more profitable, species to go after...thoughts
Fire shrimp are worth more then most the costly shrimp iv seen here in Calgary but for the most part I think there all about the same
Old 07-15-2012, 04:00 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

[quote=Myka;730962]None of those listed are raised anywhere other than laboratories quote]

if its profit your after theres your answer right there....set up a labratory

if you want to do it as a hobby it will cost alot and i mean alot, if you want to be successful, and then to make a profit...thats gonna be even tougher.

what do you plan to feed the fry??
what set up do you plan to use??
whats your experience in marine breeding??

seems like alot of work for a $30 shrimp or $20 crab unless you have the facilities and resources to do it and the money to back it all up

good luck either way:P
Old 07-15-2012, 04:12 PM

Well I have no experience in any breading in saltwater, as I'm just getting in to it.
But I've been playing around with breading cherry red shrimp in fresh water for about a year and at one point I had over 200.
Like I said some research is needed, gestation cycles and conditions, but now's the time to go round to the pet stores and figure out what's worth my time if all goes well... then once I have a species focus research on that