Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 05-03-2012, 09:12 PM

tt101 is on a distinguished road
Default FS/FT mandarin dragonet EDMONTON

hey guys,
i bought a mandarin dragonet a few days ago and at the store it showed intrest in the frozen food but didn't eat any because there was a female on the other side of the glass distracting him so i thought that he was trained or that he would at least be really easy to train at home. i don't see him eating and im starting to feel really bad that he might be starving. he still shows intrest in the frozen food but does not eat it. i don't want this guy to die because of me so im hoping to sell him for $30 or to trade for something else, to someone who can feed him pods. he is very healthy and was really plump when i first got him, he is around 3 inches.
if you want him or got anything to trade please let me know.

thanks
Old 05-03-2012, 09:19 PM

tim the toolman is on a distinguished road

I can hook you up with live baby brine to feed him until he goes if you need. I have some ready now and live phyto to keep them
Old 05-03-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim the toolman View Post
I can hook you up with live baby brine to feed him until he goes if you need. I have some ready now and live phyto to keep them
thanks a lot for the offer, where in edmonton do you live? and im going to wait an hour or so and see what happens. if i don't find a buyer i will contact you asap.
thanks a lot
Old 05-03-2012, 09:24 PM

I'm north central. By northgate. If you wanted to keep him long term I could help you out with live food and cultures until he eats dead. I have a Mandy on live brine now and pipefish so I'm always brewing live cultures. If it's a small enough tank it shouldn't be hard to keep him fed
Old 05-03-2012, 09:53 PM

your very kind for the offer and i really appreciate it, he is in a 65g and is going to have a few other tank mates who could out compete him for food really easily. i thought about setting up a copepod culture and setting up a rock rubble area where the copepods could breed but i really dont think it will be sustainable. long term.
i think the best thing to do would be to find him another home so that he never starves to death.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:55 PM

cneil is on a distinguished road
Default mandarin

I bought a female a few weeks ago. Wonder if anyone has tries raising young ones. Were abouts in Edmonton are you.Is it a spotted one or striped
Old 05-03-2012, 09:56 PM

i wish i had thought it through before i got him. this is just one of those times where you realize your mistake after and now im trying to fix it because i would feel really bad if he dies on me.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneil View Post
I bought a female a few weeks ago. Wonder if anyone has tries raising young ones. Were abouts in Edmonton are you.Is it a spotted one or striped
he is striped, i dont have any cameras to post pics but honestly he is very very bright in color and just an over all beautiful fish. there were others when i bought him but his colors stood WAY out.
and i live in north/central edmonton.
thanks
Old 05-03-2012, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt101 View Post
your very kind for the offer and i really appreciate it, he is in a 65g and is going to have a few other tank mates who could out compete him for food really easily. i thought about setting up a copepod culture and setting up a rock rubble area where the copepods could breed but i really dont think it will be sustainable. long term.
i think the best thing to do would be to find him another home so that he never starves to death.
Yah i hear yah. This is why i go the brine shrimp route, i can feed several thousand babies at a time with the pumps off to guarantee that everybody fast or slow gets lots to eat. I probably feed over 100000 brine a week to a 30g tank and just skim and filter alot lol.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:06 PM

cneil is on a distinguished road
Default Mandarin

Would you take $20.00 for him, Tim the toolman you might have to show me how to feed brine and cultures.