Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Old 09-20-2009, 08:02 PM

Slick Fork is on a distinguished road
Default 110 Gallon tank, sump, skimmer, lights, Red Deer Area, New package Price

Hi All,

Due to some changes in my life, I have decided with a heavy heart to put my system up for sale.

So, here's the details
-Tank, 110 gallons measuring 48X24x22 eurobraced with a starfire front panel and an external center over flow. Less then one year old one small scratch on side. Stand fits tank perfectly trimmed with maple and birch
-Sump, 55 gallon breeder style, age unknown, baffles added by myself a few years ago, stand made out of 2x4 and plywood
-Light Fixture, handmade canopy trimmed to match tank stand, 4 54 watt t5 bulbs with ice-cap reflectors. It's powered by 2 advance mark X 2x54 watt ballasts which are completely dimmable. Also 2 175 watt MH with reef optik2 reflectors and the vertex electronic ballasts. Bulbs are roughly 1 month old
-Vertex IN-180 Skimmer.

Tank, Stand, Sump and Stand for sump $700. Basically the cost of the tank, and I'm throwing the stand, sump and plumbing in.

Light Fixture, $700 with the Profilux Dimm2 powerbar, $600 without the Dimm2 power bar. The Dimm2 is required with the profilux for dimming but without it the lights CAN simply turn on and off

Vertex In-180 Skimmer $200

New Package Price, if you take everything, Tank, stand, sump, light fixture, skimmer, I'll let it all go for $1000... call it a convenience discount. Keep in mind that the MH bulbs are almost brand new and alone are worth $100 each.

All these prices are OBO, if you have a reasonable offer I want to hear it.
I may list more so keep your eyes on this thread.

Some older pics can be found at:
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/sho...ick%27s&page=6

Last edited by Slick Fork; 03-12-2010 at 05:59 AM. Reason: package pricing
Old 09-20-2009, 08:05 PM

sharuq1 is on a distinguished road

I'm very sorry to hear you are getting out of the hobby. If you become willing to part out anything (hardware or livestock) at all please pm me. Good luck with the sale.

Last edited by sharuq1; 09-20-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:07 AM

Edmonton newbie is on a distinguished road

if you do end up parting out i would be very interested in the hardware it would be a perfect upgrade for me
Old 09-22-2009, 12:44 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Dude???? very sorry to hear this bud.....I also may be interested in some stuff if you decide to part out (sps,tunzes)
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 09-22-2009, 02:59 PM

Hi all,

I should start by saying thanks to all who've responded with some interest in parting it out and I will keep it in mind if I decide to do so.

One of the challenges I have with parting it out is the integration of some of the systems, particularly the lighting system and profilux.

Second, this sale is more of a choice to take a break from the hobby while I'm in school and put the cash earned into several other pursuits. It's not a necessity and rather then sell some of the stuff and have other bits hanging around until I get tired of looking at them and then giving the rest away... just doesn't appeal to me at this time. I'd really hate for example to sell all my coral and fish right off the bat and have a large glass bucket of live-rock hanging around for 6 months.

This is a beautiful system, and will make a great purchase for the person that comes along and wants it. Until that person comes along though, I'm going to enjoy it!!
Old 11-10-2009, 04:48 AM

After some more thought,

I would maybe consider parting this out if I had more than passing interest in all the components. I'll work on putting together some pricing for all the bits. In the meantime, feel free to PM me with any individual components you would be interested in, and if you like you could pre-emptively offer for something.

I'm also still open to reasonable offers for the whole thing.

Cheers
Old 11-16-2009, 05:53 AM
htrfocus

PM Sent, hoping you'll part out!
Old 11-16-2009, 07:39 AM

Location: Edmonton, AB...find the earie glow of the T5 lights coming from a house lol
bauder1986 is on a distinguished road

+1 on part out. Live pretty close by you.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:12 PM

Will post individual prices soon, just dealing with an offer on the whole system first
Old 11-18-2009, 05:48 PM

earl is on a distinguished road
Default rock

I would buy all your rock