Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > BC Interiors

Old 02-23-2011, 05:59 AM
bvlester

do you have a relater you are working with I know a few in the city there is a couple that I know that are really good people. Thompson now you are talking cold winter and long at that. You don't thaw out up there till June some years.... By the way if you by right on the river it stays a bit cooler in the summer, you get a nice breeze moving down river a lot of the time.

Any way good luck in finding a house.

Bill
Old 02-23-2011, 02:28 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvlester View Post
By the way if you by right on the river it stays a bit cooler in the summer, you get a nice breeze moving down river a lot of the time.

Bill
actually not necessarily true, it is hotter at my place than in town in the summer, but I have found if you are on the other river then you are right as they get the wind coming from the north funneling down the valley. by my place we have the sun shining on the valley all day because the valley runs east and west and trust me there is no cool breeze but there usually is a little one about supper time which cools it off to about 32 degrees by 11pm. good for drinking beer on the patio
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:49 PM
bvlester

I never said when there was a breeze but I remember a friend of mine many years ago lived along the river closer to town than you though and there seemed to be a breeze in the evenings. We didn't hang out at his house very often as we were young and not so bright and decided the bar was a better place to drink beer and spend all our money at..
We would have saved so much if we would have just drank at one of our places.

Bill
Old 02-23-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
I never said when there was a breeze but I remember a friend of mine many years ago lived along the river closer to town than you though and there seemed to be a breeze in the evenings.

Bill
ya was probably closer to where the two rivers join

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Old 02-23-2011, 05:20 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...increases.html

Just stopped home for a sandwich and reading this.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...increases.html

Just stopped home for a sandwich and reading this.
heck the only time my electrical bills are that hi is during the summer when the AC is running. other wise mine are about 1/2 of there "average" as you get towards the coast there is a larger number of houses with electrical heat which cranks up the average. I pay 44 bucks per month for electricity on equal billing.

interesting article though as even a 30% increase over 3 years only means BC will still be one of the two cheepest provences in Canada which is the same as it is now. but that also reflects the price in 3 years if they increases are all aproved. right now we are the cheepest as we are 6.27 and manatoba is 6.30 but this is also assuming that no one else raiases there rates also which it looks like almost every provence is going to do.

do as you would any where else. make sure what ever you buy has natural gas heat and hot water and the electricity is minimized.

Steve

Old 02-23-2011, 10:52 PM
Rest In Peace

Quote:
do you have a relater you are working with I know a few in the city there is a couple that I know that are really good people. Thompson now you are talking cold winter and long at that. You don't thaw out up there till June some years.... By the way if you by right on the river it stays a bit cooler in the summer, you get a nice breeze moving down river a lot of the time.

Any way good luck in finding a house.

Bill

No realtor yet Bill. Still in the looking stage. Yes, some late springs and early winters there but I enjoyed all of my time in Thompson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
which side of the hiway? you have to be carfull as the ones on the south side of the highway stuck up against the valley are pretty shady all the time, and the ones on the north side of the hiway but south of the river still are in the pounding sun all day (it is about 5 degrees hotter at my house than it is down town kamloops) if you go up the hills an out of the valley you can get a winter that is a month to 2 months longer, than the lower valley will have.
I will keep that in mind.

Quote:
if you need me to you can PM me with some addresses you are interested in and I can take some strait up pics of the front and let you know what the area is like.
Steve
Thanks for the offer. May do when the time comes. We are still just looking, until the kids make the final decision. I think they are going out in a month to look for a place.

I was even looking at a place up in Blue River but thinks thats to much commute.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I was even looking at a place up in Blue River but thinks thats to much commute.
ya and that probably the worst strech of highway between here and alberta in the winter.. and there is nothing there LOL.

I have to go through there on sunday.. always icy there.

Steve

Old 02-24-2011, 06:45 PM
bvlester

Blue river get a tun of snow cold and alot of mosketoes in the summer if you think Manitoba has alot wait till you see Blueriver. Clearwater is a bit better and you can still get a good deal on a house there. I looked a 3600sf house there they only wanted 170 for it mundyou that was when we came back here, but in Kamloops it would have went for 400 - 500k.

Bill
Old 02-25-2011, 01:03 AM
Rest In Peace

Heh,heh. After 30 yrs. driving to and from Thompson, including multi trips ever winter out west for bowling, not much in the way of highway travel can surprise me. Yea, dont need those skitters anymore Bill.

Its a bit to far away anyways. At one time though somewhere like that would be my preference but not my wifes.

I,m off to look for Clearwater Bill.