Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Controller and Monitoring Specific

Old 04-10-2014, 05:10 PM

duncangweller is on a distinguished road
Default Apex Fusion Help

Hi All,

I have spent probably 15 hours of my life just trying to get this thing working since I've had it and to be honest, for what little benefit I have seen so far I would go back to the $14 xmas tree light timers and cash in the controller for the $500 odd I paid for it.

So....I updated to 4.31 firmware and was going to try the Apex Fusion software on my controller.

I followed the detailed instructions and it failed at the first step every time. I select the two radio buttons to enable fusion and then select update and reboot. The stupid thing doesn't reboot, it just hangs...for hours!

next up, it says put the apex fusion tile on your dashboard and it will link a 'token' that you use in conjunction with the aoex website to link controller and fusion together. I get no token, it just says 'Neptune Fusion Communication Error'.

How do I get around this?

Im quite savvy with computers, and normally find my way around things, but this controller seems to make my head spin and to be honest have not found one single aspect of it enjoyable.

Please restore my faith in technology again or I fear a large expense may be sailing out of a third story window!

ta,
Dunc
Old 04-10-2014, 05:17 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Isn't this still beta? Have you checked the support forum for answers?
Old 04-10-2014, 06:00 PM

Treebeard is on a distinguished road

That's odd. I have been using the open beta of Fusion for a couple of weeks without a hitch. Is is possible your router is blocking it?
Old 04-10-2014, 06:46 PM

I've emailed apex and they emailed back but its all jibberish. Unfortunately my Mac is down so I'm trying to do it on windows and have no idea where I'm looking.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2014, 07:05 PM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

Fusion hasn't been completely released yet. If you're trying to do the whole 'cloud' thing it won't work because its still in Beta. The newest firmware update fixed a few bugs from the last one and changed a minor thing or two about the web interface but thats about it. It says so right on the firmware update page

"Apex Fusion is not yet available but will REQUIRE this firmware when it is released"

and

"Apex Fusion is NOT accessible yet to the general public. We are currently in a closed beta test for Apex Fusion and it will soon be released to all of our users. This firmware (or later) will be required though to use Apex Fusion when it is released."

http://www.neptunesystems.com/firmware/

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour
Old 04-10-2014, 07:08 PM

Congratulations, you have been selected as part of a group of people to help us with the next phase of beta testing the Apex Fusion service.* Please read the following VERY carefully.

THIS IS AN OPEN BETA

Old 04-10-2014, 07:11 PM

http://www.neptunesystems.com/apex-fusion-setup-guide/

Old 04-10-2014, 07:15 PM

Okay so you've been selected but the majority of us haven't. You should try using the Neptune support forum on RC or the community forum on neptune's site to chat with others in the group that are actually exposed to this. I doubt more than a small handful will be on here. Or just don't use it and wait for the full release. It doesn't sound like you've got the computer programming background that this seems to require.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
Old 04-10-2014, 07:16 PM

You're prob right. Never mind then

Old 04-10-2014, 07:21 PM

I've been waiting for this since the fall like everyone else and I know enough about computers to reformat a PC and get almost anything I want for free off of the net... but I'm not about to drive myself insane and put my fish tank on the line just to gain easier outside access to my controller a little bit sooner. Sorry I couldn't be of any real help.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM