Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2015, 01:38 AM

Coral Hoarder is on a distinguished road

Teem maxispect!
Old 03-20-2015, 01:58 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Maybe it's just me and I have crap luck with jebao products lol

Had my dct12000 die Xmas eve after i waited for the tech to get better , heard things were fixed so jumped on it lol not much changed there lol and i just had a rw8 fail after a days use lol

I bought the rw8 to replace my mp40 , side by side there no comparison my vortech is a much better suited power head , the rw8 is strong but lacks control ability , on it's lowest setting still quite strong while the mp40 can be dialed down much more , both on max are both strong.

I don't want to spend a fortune on a power head that's why I bought the rw8 but if I had my time back I'd just throw for what was working ad get another mp40 , mines been running years and haven't had to repace a thing on it and since I only use it at %50 it's dead quiet (rw is too)

Try getting a pump warranty on Xmas eve lol
Old 03-20-2015, 04:48 AM

Skimmin is on a distinguished road

I hear you Denny. Thats why I have two of those dct12000's. One is brand new. Just as a back up. I just dont trust the tech yet, and with good reason I believe. My Dct 12000 has been running since Nov 26 without a hiccup yet but only time will tell. I always used to run brand name stuff. This is the first time I've ever gone the other route looking for best bang for buck. It's more of an experiment for my own peice of mind. If I start to have issues with the Jebao stuff I'll go back to brand name but for now I'll stick with it til it does me wrong. I also ran two of the maxspect grye 150's in my tank. With it being 300 gal I just find the massive flow of my rw 20's to be more suitable for this tank. Gyre seemed to be a good product too. Not sure if they're worth the money. To me they fall more in along the Jebao brand quality. IMO quality wise the Tunzes and Vortechs really have no competitors. When you throw dollar value into the mix things really begin to even out. Another example would be the Vertex Alpha cone 250 I had on one of my older systems. Was it beautiful? Hell yes it was! One of the prettiest skimmers I've ever seen. Was it worth twice the cost of the Reef Octopus recirc skimmer I'm running on my current system? Maybe... if looks are worth it but performance wise I would say my Reef octopus out performs it. But it sure was pretty.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:12 AM
busy with fresh water.

The Guy is on a distinguished road

I have a few Jebao's no problems at all, just keep them clean.
Also have a couple of Tunzie's there ok.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:53 AM
Vendor

Bayside Corals is on a distinguished road

I've been a Tunze guy for as long as I can remember. They have never failed me. Recently I have been playing with the Gyre and they are amazing. I think Ecotech and Tunze have a new kid on the block to watch out for!
Old 03-20-2015, 01:21 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guy View Post
I have a few Jebao's no problems at all, just keep them clean.
Also have a couple of Tunzie's there ok.
I figured after a days use my rw was as clean as it possibly could be , I guess I could have cleaned it more lol

I like the gyre , there's two running at concept......I agree with Aaron that I would put the quality on par with jebao it's a shame they charge so much for the gyre If I were to buy one I figure it's functions would work great but I don't see me dropping it more than once lol
Old 03-20-2015, 02:31 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
I figured after a days use my rw was as clean as it possibly could be , I guess I could have cleaned it more lol
did you get it wet? You can't get them wet..
Old 03-20-2015, 02:38 PM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road

I started with Hydors from a friend(freebie's) and then kept using the newer models never had an issue with them when I get money ahead I will prob upgrade but I have no issues with the Hydors at all.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:46 PM
busy with fresh water.

The Guy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearth View Post
I started with Hydors from a friend(freebie's) and then kept using the newer models never had an issue with them when I get money ahead I will prob upgrade but I have no issues with the Hydors at all.
Hydors are ok as long as there not running backwards on start up, PITA sometimes after a power outage. It's only reason I don't use them.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:53 PM

ronau is on a distinguished road

I've run Jebao's (WP-25 & RW-8) and replaced them with a Gyre, very happy with it so far. There was a problem with the controller being too sensitive but it was replaced as soon as I notified the distributor.

I don't think Gyres are expensive at all when you consider the number of powerheads it can replace.