Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 04-06-2011, 04:41 AM

Reefpins10 is on a distinguished road

I think just putting an extra thick layer of silicone on top of the old one like I did, it should be easier for woman like us when no man is around.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:43 AM

cathyg_99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grizz View Post
Yes, if you can get a couple 2x4's that are a nice tight fit from the floor to the bottom of the tank on both side's leaving enough room for the sump you should be able to quickly pull out the sump. Make sure that everything is free & clear so that when you take out the brace you can whip out the sump fast & get the brace back in.
uhh yeah im just going to silicone the crap out of it and do it when we get back from vacation/wedding my fiance just left a week ago and i wont see him until were both in england and then we come back june 8th... so i hope it will be okay i cant do it by myself and my mother in law would have to look after my son so theres no one really to help me brace things
Old 04-06-2011, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefpins10 View Post
I think just putting an extra thick layer of silicone on top of the old one like I did, it should be easier for woman like us when no man is around.
uhh lets just say my fiances not very handy at all... ive done most of the repairs in the house haha
Old 04-06-2011, 04:47 AM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

Trying to re-seal it while the sump is still in the stand might be your best bet for the interim until your Mr. gets home if you are worried about removing the brace yourself.

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 04-06-2011, 04:48 AM

Reefpins10 is on a distinguished road

hA hA hA ... What a coincidence, I do most of the things around the house too ...
Old 04-06-2011, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Trying to re-seal it while the sump is still in the stand might be your best bet for the interim until your Mr. gets home if you are worried about removing the brace yourself.
im just worried that if something else goes wrong while im trying to remove it theres NO ONE! to help at all
Old 04-06-2011, 04:50 AM

ALang is on a distinguished road

Cathy,
I have an extra Aqua-C Remora Pro HOB Skimmer on hand right now I am not using, and cannot seem to sell it, so I have it if you want to borrow a HOB Skimmer to do the job until your silicone jobbie is done.

If you are interested, please let me know and we can arrange to get it to you ASAP. Then you can take your time about the draining and siliconing.

Chin up, girl.
Lenny.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:55 AM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyg_99 View Post
im just worried that if something else goes wrong while im trying to remove it theres NO ONE! to help at all
So very true, it is hard sometimes to do things myself on my tanks & have to get the wife to help me as well. If I was coming north I would stop in and see if I could help you out. Do you have a small wet vac to insure that you have got a dry surface & no water in-between the glass panels.

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 04-06-2011, 05:11 AM

Quote:
So very true, it is hard sometimes to do things myself on my tanks & have to get the wife to help me as well. If I was coming north I would stop in and see if I could help you out. Do you have a small wet vac to insure that you have got a dry surface & no water in-between the glass panels.
yes i do, and small no its a large one on the bright side i can use that instead of trying to scoop out every last inch
Old 04-06-2011, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALang View Post
Cathy,
I have an extra Aqua-C Remora Pro HOB Skimmer on hand right now I am not using, and cannot seem to sell it, so I have it if you want to borrow a HOB Skimmer to do the job until your silicone jobbie is done.

If you are interested, please let me know and we can arrange to get it to you ASAP. Then you can take your time about the draining and siliconing.

Chin up, girl.
Lenny.
Thanks Alang but at the moment i think im okay i ran out to walmart and bought a cheapo one because nothing else was open and im planning on silicone it tomorrow morning so i think it will be fine, but if that fails then i will for sure hit you up on that offer