Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 03-01-2018, 06:03 AM

philg3 is on a distinguished road
Default Phil's Fusion 20

Hey everyone.

This tank has been running just over a year and is doing pretty well, seems like the right time to do a build thread.

Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 20
Ecotech Radion XR30 (Gen1)
Ecotech Vortech MP10
Digital Aquatics RK Lite
DA SL2 w/ Temp/PH/Salinity Probes
IM Desktop Ghost Skimmer
IM Hydrofill Ti ATO w/ Aqualifter
Eheim Jager 50W Heater
I have IM custom caddy's on both sides with floss, bags of carbon, and Seachem Matrix in that order.
I've started dosing Red Sea Foundation A,B,C by hand

Pics!

2/25/17

3/29/17
built a conduit light mount

04/13/17

05/13/17

I moved over the summer and it was pretty rough on the tank. I ended up battling high Nitrate and Phosphate and lots of algae for a few months afterwards. Probably part of the tanks first year growing pains as well.

09/08/17

10/31/17
I changed up stands

02/23/18

You can see my two fish in this last one, a Tailspot Blenny in the middle and a Rainfords Goby hiding in the bottom left

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by philg3; 03-01-2018 at 06:05 AM.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:13 PM

philg3 is on a distinguished road

Everything still running pretty smooth, tank is starting to fill out with some recent additions

Sexy Shrimp

Rainfords Goby

Tailspot Blenny

Best buds always hanging out

New Zoa rock in the back corner

Theres a Green Clown Goby in there somewhere, but he mostly lives inside the Torch and doesn't like getting his picture taken.

My anemone split last week, but both of them still refuse to leave their spot on the glass

New FTS

I added some nice Red Grape Calupera as well and placed it between the big torch and the Gorgonian to stop them from trying to kill each other (small tank problems).

If you look at these 2 pictures closely you can see that I have dozens of tiny Torch heads popping up all over the tank. I've never seen a Euphyllia do this before, but they all grew from tiny specs of fluorescence into tiny heads of torch.

The problem I have is they are everywhere, and sting everything. You can see the GSP is completely surrounded and is struggling to survive, even though it should be the fastest grower in the tank. The gorgonian never gets any polyp extension where it comes in contact with one of these tiny Torch heads.

I guess my question is, how big do you think I should let these heads grow before trying to glue them to frag plugs? Even though they sting some of the other corals nothing has died yet, so I've just been waiting for them to get a decent size before I start clipping and gluing.

Anyone else have any experience with Euphyllia going sexual like this and dozens of heads popping up everywhere?