Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Old 06-09-2019, 09:27 PM

krisjoseph is on a distinguished road
Default Edmonton: Saltwater tank teardown due to move

We are heading off to Toronto and the tank is way too big to come along. As a result, I have lots of goodies available for anyone who can pick up in Edmonton.

Custom-built tank, 48x20x24 inch; 5/8" glass, eurobraced; starphire glass front; overflow in rear left corner. capacity approx 100 gallons. Tank is currently 4 years old; no leaks, bowing, or problems.

Comes with custom-built oak stand, black, including hinged canopy; and a 35-gallon (30x16x18 inch) sump/refugium underneath. Fully-plumbed for saltwater use but everything was done with removable joints so it can be redone or customized depending on your preferred setup

A NOTE ON THE CABINET: salt creep has rusted internal hinges a bit but they're still fine. Cabinet has settled with the weight of the tank and I recommend planing/sanding the cabinet doors before refilling because they resist closing properly (I just tolerated this)

The stand and tanks SHOULD go together - $400 OBO for the set [the stand is oak, after all]. You'll need one or two dollies (which have to fit through a standard door) to handle the tank due to its size and weight. I have access to an appliance dolly that can help.

There are also lots of accessories and parts that can go with the tank OR be purchased separately. Prices are suggested but I'm open to offers on any of the following:

- AquaMaxx Fluidized media reactor and pump (5.5x5.5inch footprint; 11.5" height) ($25)

- Bubble Magus Curve 5 protein skimmer (9x10inch footprint; 26" height) ($40)

- two ViaAqua 200 Watt Titanium heaters ($20 for both)

- RLSS DC WaveLine pump (40W) with external controller ($40)

- Neptune Apex system (OLDER MODEL) ($100) with command module (Ethernet and external LCD display) and TWO 8-outlet power bars. Comes with temperature probe, pH probe, and two float detectors (for auto top off system; Neptune breakout box [to control top-off from the Apex] included)

- AquaticLife Smart Buddie RO Booster Pump ($30)

Will take any reasonable offers for these components. Accessories are used but have been cleaned up and are ready to go. I also have some leftover salt, etc. than I can pass to the new tank owner.

As of June 9 I'm still in the process of draining and cleaning up the tank & refugium, but it will be ready to go very soon AND I'll be encouraged to finish up if I know someone wants it
Old 06-09-2019, 10:39 PM

GoombaBC is on a distinguished road

PM sent on skimmer and apex.

Thanks
Old 06-10-2019, 07:25 PM

Apex gear and skimmer are now spoken for!

Remaining:
  • Tank and stand: $400 OBO
  • AquaMaxx Fluidized media reactor and pump (5.5x5.5inch footprint; 11.5" height) ($25)
  • two ViaAqua 200 Watt Titanium heaters ($20 for both)
  • RLSS DC WaveLine pump (40W, model 10000II, 11 speeds, 2850max gph) with external controller ($40)
  • AquaticLife Smart Buddie RO Booster Pump ($30)

Cheers!
Old 06-12-2019, 06:12 PM

nanoob is on a distinguished road

PM sent on RO Booster
Old 06-30-2019, 09:37 PM

Everything is now gone! Thanks for the interest