Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Bulk Reef Supply

Old 07-02-2015, 01:14 PM

Torx is on a distinguished road
Default Brs Group Buy - July 2015

Any interest this month? There are a few carry overs from last month still.

We need a minimum of 10 people. Each order is treated as an individual order and shipped to your door. All prices are in $US and the highest discounted price on bulk items will be given to participants. There are no purchase quantity or order size requirements.

If you want to participate, please PM me your full name and your BRS account email address. If you do not have a Bulk Reef Supply account please sign up here. *critical*

Group buys run Tuesdays through the following Monday. On the pre-determined Tuesday each participant will receive an email from Bulk Reef Supply notifying them that the Group Buy has started. Participants can start buying as soon as they get this email. Please wait for this email before placing orders! During the group buy week participants will log in to their own account to place their own order.

Shipping Details:

Shipping to Canada: All Canadian orders received before Thursday @ midnight are shipped on Friday. The shipping program they use to save us brokerage fees only allows them to ship on Fridays. Canadian orders will arrive at your door with no extra fees due. Here's how: BulkReefSupply.com pays all brokerage charges out of our pocket to UPS. We also pay the GST, customs duties, and other Canadian government fees however these are passed on to us via a flat 15% Canadian tax assessed at checkout on the site. In a nut shell they pay brokerage and we still pay your government fees, but you know the cost up front and there is no surprise bill presented when the package is delivered at your door. The 15% tax rate is based on the Ports of Entry our shipments pass through Canadian Customs and on the duties required on the wide variety of products we ship to Canada. Please note all prices on BulkReefSupply.com are in US dollars, not Canadian. Canadian orders are not eligible for any Free Shipping offer.

The deadline to pm me you name will be July 6h 3:00 PM EST, and the order start date will be July 7th, 2015.

FAQ

Q: Why purchase if you do not save on shipping?
A: No, you do not save on shipping...where you save is in the cost of items. Go one step further and get together with someone local and share shipping costs as I do.

Examples:
1.) 1000 mL of biopellets Typically costs $49.99 and I recently got it for $39.99 during a group buy period

2.) 1 Gallon (4 lbs.) - BRS Bulk GFO - Typically costs $61.99 and I recently got it for $49.99 during a group buy period

3.) 1 Gallon- BRS Bulk Magnesium Chloride - Typically costs $18.99 and I recently got it for $15.19

Q: Not sure if I am interested as I do not know what the discounts are on all products. Is there a way to get the prices?
A: You want to see the savings? PM me your info and sign up, there is no obligation to purchase. IF the timing is bad, I do one of these starting the first Tuesday of every month, see the discounts this month and plan to purchase next month.
Old 07-07-2015, 03:23 PM

Unfortunately it looks like the poor Canadian dollar is hurting this. I am not able to compile enough names between the multiple Canadian sites that I post in to meet BRS' minimum to submit a group buy. I will be taking time off doing this for a while until the dollar gets better.

~Mark
Old 07-09-2015, 02:46 AM

I am able to get this filled now, only it will start on the 14th for people. if you are still interested, please rePM me your info as I deleted some of them.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:22 PM

A few days left to get on this list. it is ready to go, but room for more
Old 09-09-2015, 04:59 PM

Tangled Knot is on a distinguished road
Default BRS September Group Buy

Any interest this month? I need some bulk chem. My last order of Cal and Soda Ash from Canada Reef Supply is so dirty I'm afraid to use it. I'm going back to BRS.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:09 PM

Simons is on a distinguished road

yes I am in
Old 09-10-2015, 11:33 AM

I actually meant to write a post in relation to this. At this point, I post this across multiple sites. It has gotten extremely difficult to get the required amount of users. The last time, they made an exception to put through a smaller group (less then 10). After postings, reply's, PM's, and the hate messages is just too much to deal with when at the end, I do not even have enough people. Mostly due tot he poor Canadian dollar making the exchange rate too high. Anyone is able to put together a list of 10 people and submit it, you can get the information HERE
Old 09-10-2015, 04:02 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

How do you get a hate message about a group buy? Trying to imagine that and having trouble

"screw you ahole, quit trying to save me money. If I wanted to save effin' money, I'd get rid of my tank!! Effer...

Like that?? lol
Old 09-13-2015, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
How do you get a hate message about a group buy? Trying to imagine that and having trouble

"screw you ahole, quit trying to save me money. If I wanted to save effin' money, I'd get rid of my tank!! Effer...

Like that?? lol
Pretty much, or discounts that weren't enough or on the right objects. Not supporting the Canadian economy. All the time that they wasted. How stupid I am to do these seeing that I get nothing out of it. Ya, pretty much feel the love lol.

Nothing that I can not handle, I worked in customer service for 10 years at an inbound contact center. So I am used to people contacting me complaining. But at least then I was getting paid. lol.
Sorry for the delay, apparently notifications are not coming through to my phone.