Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 10-28-2011, 05:46 PM

cwatkins is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponokareefer View Post
It was the only phone that either of us has owned over the last 10 years that lasted the full 3 years of the contract. It was clearly built to last.
The case on the back of my 3GS cracked right up the middle starting from the docking port. This is just from putting into and taking it out of the docking station.

Booo.

I can repair it myself though with $50 of parts bought online.

On the other hand, I still think the BB Curve I had at my last job was the best phone I've ever had.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:00 PM

jostafew is on a distinguished road

Couldn't resist getting in on the pointless debate!

I have to say that unless you're in the military, iPhone is the way to go. Andorid and iOS are so much easier to navigate, and iOS4+ (notice that I didn't include android) has 95% of the security and manageability features that BB OS does. PLUS iOS natively plays nice with Exchange activesync whereas you need BES server to manage e-mail and security in ADDITION to exchange when using BB in the enterprise.

I have an iPhone 4 (personal) and a BB Bold 9780 (work). I also work with the BB Torch and Bold 9900. While they will do a lot of the things that iPhone (and android) will do, BB OS is just more clumsy and not nearly as polished. If you're a consumer, android is great as an alternative to iOS, but in my opinion it does not belong in the work place for security and manageability reasons. For the consumer, I have yet to see an android phone that will match the iPhone 4 or 4s in terms of features AND battery life. For me iPhone is still number one (though my mom just got a Samsung Galaxy Gio from Virgin that is killer value at $150, android 2.3 if I recall).
Old 10-28-2011, 06:02 PM

MarkoD is on a distinguished road

And I think my blackberry curve feels like a cheap plastic toy
Old 10-28-2011, 06:05 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

But that cheap plastic toy *is* less likely to break if you drop it I think. My iPhone4 fell out of my pocket as I exited my car. Fell maybe 2 feet and entire back shattered. A phone made of glass... GENIOUS! To Apple's credit they did replace the glass for free. Guess there's a price to pay for sexy. Can't use acrylic because the people will complain about scratches lol.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:09 PM

globaldesigns is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
um.. that sounds like there was a problem with your phone its self.. all the outage for 1 day in canada did was delay e-mails and BBM's. mine wasn't working properly for all of 4 hours but the phone and internet worked perfectly the whole time as these are not routed through there secure server like e-mail and BBM are.

Steve
Nopers, being techy I thought of that... I emptied the phone of data, reinstalled the O/S, just to make sure it wasn't the phone. Did this actually a couple times. After doing that I was worse off, as I couldn't register it on the Blackberry network, as it was down. So email, texts were really not working (but didn't matter as BB was still down), but still phone was having issues hanging.

But, the hanging went away, once Blackberry came back up. Once they got things kinda running, phone worked 100% for the couple days later, until I got the new IPhone 4S.

Don't get me wrong, BB has great phone quality, and the build of the hardware is great. But I rely on this phone for business, any missed email or calls, means missed revenue or potential. I never liked the fact that there is a third party involved, being BB servers... And this major outage was the last straw. BB has shown the world that they need to rework their network, as I forsee they will now do. A piece of hardware on the other side of the world took Canada/US down also, all because 1.) their backup infrastructure was inferior 2.) their aging network cannot handle the traffic, or unforseen excess due to issues.

I for one am a IPhone guy now. And I LIKE IT!!! Oh yeah, I also kiss girls.... AND I LIKE IT!!!! Sorry, now I am singing

Setup: 180G DT, 105G Refuge (approx. 300lbs LR, 150lbs Aragonite)
Hardware: Super Reef Octopus SSS-3000, Tunze ATO, Mag 18 return, 2x MP40W, 2X Koralia 4's Wavemaker
Lighting: 5ft Hamilton Belize Sun (2x250W MH, 2X80W T5HO)
Type of Aquarium: mixed reef (SPS & LPS) with fish
Dosing: Mg, Ca, Alk

Last edited by globaldesigns; 10-28-2011 at 06:12 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:10 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

iChaps must come in white?
Old 10-28-2011, 06:11 PM

Oh yeah, for people that drop phones.... Get the Otter Box Case, had it on my BB, got it for the IPhone. Great cases!

Hardware: Super Reef Octopus SSS-3000, Tunze ATO, Mag 18 return, 2x MP40W, 2X Koralia 4's Wavemaker
Old 10-28-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
iChaps must come in white?
Hey, you poking at me now!!!

Old 10-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by globaldesigns View Post
Oh yeah, for people that drop phones.... Get the Otter Box Case, had it on my BB, got it for the IPhone. Great cases!
Defeats the purpose of getting something sexy tho lol I've seen that case up close. Ugly as sin (and massive). I've got a really low profile one now. Just enough depth so a fall on a flat surface will not damage the glass.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
Defeats the purpose of getting something sexy tho lol I've seen that case up close. Ugly as sin (and massive). I've got a really low profile one now. Just enough depth so a fall on a flat surface will not damage the glass.
depends which case you get, they make several different models for each phone... Mine is very slim, doesn't make the phone that much bigger, but it is a superior case.

I don't care about sexy, I care that it works... And I will eventually drop it, so in my case, this case is worth it.