Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 01-07-2009, 01:56 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

when I kept fromtosa I touched that rock. It broke leaving a small piece in my hands and 45 gallons rushing out the bottom.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:09 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
You just can't win with this. I kept looking in my tank, thinking "I should move that rock" , but no, I knew better. Never touch the rock, right? Well, the rock fell over, took a third of the tank with it. I shoulda touched the rock....
but if you'd touched the rock the same thing would have happened so you were really equally screwed on that one

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:09 PM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
when I kept fromtosa I touched that rock. It broke leaving a small piece in my hands and 45 gallons rushing out the bottom.

Ooh, now thats definitely a worst case scenario

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:42 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

And I was on the 3rd floor of an apartment too!
Old 01-07-2009, 04:51 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Quote:
And I was on the 3rd floor of an apartment too!
Oh, that sucks!

We moved a rock to find a fish and now "surprise surprise" the rock would not go back where it belongs. We'll soon be touching lots of rocks, as we will be moving over all my angels to the new tank in a couple of days.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:17 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

What I don't understand is how the tank looks worse everytime I move a rock. And if I move it back, it doesn't fit there anymore. And if it at least "sort of" fits, it looks worse there now than the spot it was just in that was worse than the first place. And if you move it back to the first spot you moved it to, it now looks even worse. And it doesn't fit THERE anymore either. It's like the jigsaw puzzle from hell. No matter what you do, it's worse. It's sort of like the "How many bikes are enough?" The correct answer is "one more." How will the tank look if you rearrange the slightest little thing? Worse.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:21 PM

Der_Iron_Chef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Der_Iron_Chef

Here's something I thought I would have learned by now:

If I don't do regular water changes, my aquarium WILL look like crap.

10G Nano * 10G Sump * Deltec MCE 600 Skimmer * JBL Viper 150w MH * Zeovit * Vortech MP40W

Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. ~S. Ertz

Old 01-07-2009, 05:31 PM

OCDP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der_Iron_Chef View Post
Here's something I thought I would have learned by now:

If I don't do regular water changes, my aquarium WILL look like crap.
Well, I no longer have a tank but the most important thing I thought I would have learned two times around was somewhat similar to yours.

If I do regular water changes with (conditioned) tap water my tank WILL look like crap.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
What I don't understand is how the tank looks worse everytime I move a rock. And if I move it back, it doesn't fit there anymore. And if it at least "sort of" fits, it looks worse there now than the spot it was just in that was worse than the first place. And if you move it back to the first spot you moved it to, it now looks even worse. And it doesn't fit THERE anymore either. It's like the jigsaw puzzle from hell. No matter what you do, it's worse. It's sort of like the "How many bikes are enough?" The correct answer is "one more." How will the tank look if you rearrange the slightest little thing? Worse.
Bwhaah Tony, I totally agree. Everything in my tank has shifted now. I have little frag pucks all over the place to position everything as the puzzle didn't really fit back together at all, corals are touching and the pucks are keeping them about 1/4" apart at this point.

Man I can't wait for my new tank

My 180 Build

Old 01-07-2009, 11:51 PM

awa1979 is on a distinguished road

Well I touched that rock and ended up pulling all the rocks out and re doing the tank.

All because of a damn damsel.

Never cave in when a spouse wants a certain fish, damn damsel.