Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 08-19-2008, 05:49 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Ok Kids, why do I have to come on from 1/2 way around the world to tell you all to stop being silly Vender ratings never work as the boards are to scared they will be sued if anything bad is posted about them.

Now if we can get over this it is a good idea, but it stinks to have it anonomous.. thats just a cop out for some one who won't stand by there words.

If I am going to make a post about so an so's store, I would like it to have a few options on a scale. like 1 to 5 one being "it sucks" and 5 being "I've found nervana" then have a few catagories, service, selection, knowlage, ect... and have the companies split into catagories, like hard ware, live stock, mail order, ect.. so you can easily compare apples to apples.

the way I see it if I do a review on a store, to make up a name we'll say Brads fish emporium, and service I felt he did a real good job so I give him a 4 "sorry Brad you ain't no nervana ", selection I thought sucked so I gave him a 2, and knowlage I felt he was average so I gave him a 3. why would I want my name to be hidden, I stand behind my words. this also give the vender the opertunity to privatly e-mail you and ask what you think he could have done to improve his image in your eyes. and if it is possable maybe he could fix it and change your opinion.

this leads me to the next point, have some way for the person who left the review to modify his votes, so if this are fixed and he is happy now he can make his opinion reflect this.

deleting them and restarting them every 6 months is no good either as it has no accoutability. if they stay there the vendors will be encouraged to do more to "fix" there immage.

Now I know Christy loves polls, but I don't know if it is possable to do what I have said but I am sure if it is she would know how you can thank me later Christy.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:50 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduperwesman View Post
Maybe I just have too much faith in people?
Yup, we're just not interested in doing any of that. We like it now Well, we don't even like it now, we don't want ANY reviews, but it's a battle trying to control the threads anyway, so we've provided some basis function in our "Satisfaction Survey". It's not a review, it's not a rating, just a friendly survey to help everyone, online and retail shoppers alike, get an idea of other's experiences.

Really, thanks for all the ideas, but we're good.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:52 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
"sorry Brad you ain't no nervana
Steve
you're banned. Go away. You're buying the pizza, by the way...

oh, and my money says Christy kills you
Old 08-19-2008, 05:53 PM

Oh, I almost forgot, just don't put one up for IceCap, I don't have enought time anymore to express my opinions about the product or the owner...

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Old 08-19-2008, 05:54 PM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

I like the new setup for the sponsoring vendors... how come we can't make it public for the non-sponsors?

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 08-19-2008, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
you're banned. Go away. You're buying the pizza, by the way...

oh, and my money says Christy kills you
bah, she can't find me right now, we don't exhist

Old 08-19-2008, 05:56 PM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDigital View Post
I like the new setup for the sponsoring vendors... how come we can't make it public for the non-sponsors?
Because they won't view it anyway, and we're just trying to give an overview of satisfaction. Staff will monitor the voting for "repeat customers"
Old 08-19-2008, 06:06 PM

superduperwesman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
Ok Kids, why do I have to come on from 1/2 way around the world to tell you all to stop being silly Vender ratings never work as the boards are to scared they will be sued if anything bad is posted about them.

Now if we can get over this it is a good idea, but it stinks to have it anonomous.. thats just a cop out for some one who won't stand by there words.

If I am going to make a post about so an so's store, I would like it to have a few options on a scale. like 1 to 5 one being "it sucks" and 5 being "I've found nervana" then have a few catagories, service, selection, knowlage, ect... and have the companies split into catagories, like hard ware, live stock, mail order, ect.. so you can easily compare apples to apples.

the way I see it if I do a review on a store, to make up a name we'll say Brads fish emporium, and service I felt he did a real good job so I give him a 4 "sorry Brad you ain't no nervana ", selection I thought sucked so I gave him a 2, and knowlage I felt he was average so I gave him a 3. why would I want my name to be hidden, I stand behind my words. this also give the vender the opertunity to privatly e-mail you and ask what you think he could have done to improve his image in your eyes. and if it is possable maybe he could fix it and change your opinion.

this leads me to the next point, have some way for the person who left the review to modify his votes, so if this are fixed and he is happy now he can make his opinion reflect this.

deleting them and restarting them every 6 months is no good either as it has no accoutability. if they stay there the vendors will be encouraged to do more to "fix" there immage.

Now I know Christy loves polls, but I don't know if it is possable to do what I have said but I am sure if it is she would know how you can thank me later Christy.

Steve
I think resetting them is a good idea. Look at Big Als Calgary the place has hardly been open. All the tanks are not even full yet and people are leaving reviews.. reviews that wont be representative for very long.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:11 PM
Just a guy..

Resetting will be done multiple times per year
Old 08-19-2008, 06:55 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

WOW! I finally got to the end Thanks for all the laughs and thanks to the mods for being the wonderful people you are and putting up with us!

On a personal note I like the polls, easy way for me to see what type of service I might get from that store.