Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal > Canreef Nano Tank Build Contest #1

Old 11-20-2008, 01:46 AM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_Lap View Post
I thought your fish died because your tank wasnt properly cycled.
Negative.

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 11-20-2008, 01:47 AM

Ryan_Lap is on a distinguished road

Refresh my memory then please...
Old 11-20-2008, 01:48 AM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDigital View Post
I'm sure the LFS would provide a receipt for the replacement.
A receipt for free though? I got some items for free to and could have gotten a receipt but I though nothing could be "free" so I used standard pricing.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_Lap View Post
Refresh my memory then please...
Tests in the 3rd/4th week showed the tank cycle????..... Now you want proof of a tank cycling???....

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 11-20-2008, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Tests in the 3rd/4th week showed the tank cycle????..... Now you want proof of a tank cycling???....
I don't think it really matters why they died but to me it doesn't seem fair to change your rules for your own best interests despite the fact it may help others which it doesn't because we don't all have that luxury at our LFS. Now I'm OK with you using the "good deal" but it was made clear in other posts nothing is free, so you need to overcome that issue.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:04 AM

Ryan_Lap is on a distinguished road

Quote:
When did I say that?
Old 11-20-2008, 03:23 AM

Scythanith is on a distinguished road

Ok guys, stop bickering. It's a $20 contest, I don't give two shits if someone bends the rules. His fish is dead and gone. It doesn't matter why it died as far as the rules of this conest are concerned. It's dead, money's spent. If your store replaces it for you then good on ya, you have a good LFS.

I don't know if he's trying to get something for free Steve. He paid for the fish, accounted for it in his budget, and if it gets replaced by the LFS then I think it should be kosher.

Ryan, the internet is a poooooooor place to try and convey ones tone. This statement:

"Refresh my memory then please..."

really does look like your just trying to be difficult. I'm sure that isn't your intention but that is the way it comes off to me. His fish died, move on.

If this contest is full of this for 6 months I know I won't compete in another down the road. Sorry to derail your build thread.

Scott
Old 11-20-2008, 03:38 AM

You know Scott I totally agree, and if everyone was like you this contest would be kosher. But it's hard for me to stay silent when one wants to bend the rules for his own good but at the same time throw another contender out of the contest because he's a few days late on the update, for good reason. That's just a little too contradicting for my liking.

If we want to be flexible then lets be flexible. But this is still a contest.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
You know Scott I totally agree, and if everyone was like you this contest would be kosher. But it's hard for me to stay silent when one wants to bend the rules for his own good but at the same time throw another contender out of the contest because he's a few days late on the update, for good reason. That's just a little too contradicting for my liking.

If we want to be flexible then lets be flexible. But this is still a contest.
So as soon as you bring up a change that might help everyone and I think and go "yea, that does sound like a fair change" whether or not it affects you or me, it all good in your books, but when I realize something for myself that could helps others, and bring it up as a topic of discussion I gotta stand infront of the firing squad and give reasons for everything?..

I appreciate Scotts post.. It's exactly how I feel to a T!. Yea, I am leading this contest, and now I REALLY wish I wasn't, because its always me taking the crap storm from everyone.

Another reason why I made my decision regarding scholar, I'm standing my ground on it... This has gotta be the easiest rule in the whole contest to follow. Heck, even Scott was able to get an update made and he wasn't even at home around that time. If I miss a deadline.. So be it, I'm out.. Same goes for everyone. I'm not bending every single rule or we might as well not have any. I made a SUGGESTION with my previous post, and was only looking for feedback, only to get grilled for it.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:44 AM

superduperwesman is on a distinguished road

Honestly... I'm just excited to win and have a beautiful tank... I don't care how many free fish people get b/c I'll own them anyway... you can't buy original ideas.

1 Dead Clown Fish - $10.45
1 soon to be dead replacement Clown fish - $0.01
1 Handicapped hermit - $2.99
1 Ultra sexy superduperwesman stand - priceless

Victory is mine!!

Last edited by superduperwesman; 11-20-2008 at 05:48 AM.