Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Concept Aquariums > Tanks

Old 11-12-2013, 09:49 PM
Banned

denny_C is on a distinguished road
Default info on getting a quote

hi

if you would like to get a quote for a custom made aquarium , sump or anything to do with glass please email me what it is you are looking for and include as much info as possible.

some information i will need when sending your email:

dimensions-

l x W x H (inches or centimeters)

when giving dimensions please note if these are inside or outside dimensions.

keep in mind that the height and width play a major role in what glass size we will use , i always say go as long as possible and settle for either large height or large width , if a very wide and tall aquarium are what you would like we have the glass size you need

type of glass and location:

starphire or float( please request another glass type if you have one in mind)- if choosing starphire please tell us where you would like it( back panel,front panel,side panel left,side panel right,braces, other(please specify).

type of bracing -

eurobraced, center brace,cross braces,one piece eurobrace,rimless,flush mount, other(please specify)

polished edges:

please specify whether or not you would like the edges of glass polished by machine or not polished.

polished edges are when the glass panels edges are put through a machine polisher and brought down to a mirrored perfect finish for a very profession and clean end product.

not polished has the edges sanded so they are not sharp and can be handled , no extra machining is done and is ready for assembly.

type of overflow: internal or external-

external- means we mount the overflow box on one of the outside panels of your aquarium , we cut out a notch to allow water to fall into the box which can then travel down to your sump.

internal- means the overflow box its self is located inside the aquarium and not on the outside panels.

dimensions of your overflow box-

please specify how big you would like to make your overflow box, if unsure just say unsure and i can help you determine a good size for your aquarium.

the location of your overflow box-

please specify with as much detail as possible the location of your overflow box .

for example :

external overflow , centered on back panel (36L x 6W x 12H)

internal corner overflow on back panel , left corner, 2 sided(10L x 8W x 22H)

internal overflow, centered on back panel, trapezoid shape( 24L x 8W x22H)

overflow drain style- please choose a drain style for your aquarium -
single,herbie( 2 holes) , bean animal(3 holes)

drains are what carries your water down to your sump.

return lines:

please tell us the location, size and number of return lines you would like to have installed, if unsure i can help you out with a design.

return lines are what brings water back to your aquarium.

if choosing an internal overflow style , please specify if you would like your return lines coming out the overflow box or up and over the weir(overflow teeth)

if you would like to have your return lines coming back through your bracing please let me know the number location of the holes.

extra holes drilled-

please tell us how many extra holes you would like to have drilled in your aquarium and the bulkhead sizes ,please include the location of the holes to be drilled.

we charge $15 per hole drilled in an aquarium.

aquarium trim:

when going with a not polished tank , or a polished vertical edges only tank ,you may want to have the unpolished edges covered up with a black plastic trim if this is the case please specify if you would like it trimmed or not trimmed. for aquariums that are not trimmed(polished) we either build on a foam base for smaller tanks or a plywood base for larger tanks , this is for both the building process and for moving the aquarium around either during transit or in shop.

a secondary foam base or plywood sheet is not required provided your aquarium stand is level , square and plumb. please note when we build our aquariums the height of the aquarium you choose does not include the foam or plywood - for example a 24" h tank is 24 1/2" with the 1/2" plywood/foam. if you need the exact dimesions please request them and i will let you know what the total is. for larger aquariums we use larger foam and plywood so 1/2" will only apply to some.

acrylic:

as a standard we always cover our overflows with acrylic that is routered with 1/4" spaced teeth , this is to prevent fish and other animals from making it into your overflow box. if you would like it to be left uncovered please specify.

when choosing an external overflow we usually cover that entire wall with acrylic for a very clean professional finish , if you would like to have just the overflow covered and not the whole panel please let me know. we have gloss black,gloss white and blue as colors to choose from.

all our acrylic is sealed and siliconed to prevent bowing,leaks or breaks.

acrylic is always installed on the inside of the tank and is 100% waterproof.

vinyl:

if there is any part of the aquarium you would like to have covered in vinyl please let me know , we have gloss black,gloss white and blue for colors to choose from. vinyl can be removed if needed down the road and is always installed on the outside of the panels so never gets wet.

color of silicone:

we have two standard colors to choose from , clear and gloss black. both are equally strong but we do charge a bit more for black as there is more work and clean up involved.

we have transparent as special request but isnt always available , this is completely see through and ultra clear. please inquire about availability.

tempering:

we have the option to temper but most builds it is not necessary. we strongly recommend tempering if in an commercial setting but most residential builds it is not required.if you would like to inqure about tempering please send me an email and i will give you some info about it.

lids:

please specify if you would like lids for your tank . also let us know if you would like acrylic or glass lids and if you would like to have hinged lids or sliding lids.

if you are unsure of what it is you would like to setup send me an email with an idea of what it is you would like to create, tell me your experience and your budget and i can help design a system that fits your requirements.

if you would like to get a 3d drawing to help along the design process please let me know and i will make you one , please note because of the time involved with making drawings to scale it may take a couple of days to get the drawings.

if you would like to place a order send me an email or give me a call and we can go over your build and i will make you a quote. quotes are based on current glass prices and are subject to change over time.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:20 AM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

You got my blueprints done so I can give you guys the go ahead on my tank?
Old 11-13-2013, 04:13 AM

duncangweller is on a distinguished road

Info saved.....in the future I may need this.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2013, 03:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
You got my blueprints done so I can give you guys the go ahead on my tank?
way ahead of ya buddy got your glass being polished as i type this lol just have the holes left to figure out in your overflow, im sending you a pm now to get confirmation for them

ill take some pics for you too once the glass is ready for assembly so you can have them for your tank build

getting excited ??

cheers

denny
Old 11-13-2013, 03:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncangweller View Post
Info saved.....in the future I may need this.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
if you ever want a quote or an idea of pricing pm or email me your ideal dimensions and i can price out some options for you to help you out with your planning

getting close to christmas so would make a nice xmas gift

cheers buddy

denny
Old 11-18-2013, 08:55 PM
Banned

just a reminder guys if you have any questions on getting a quote or would like some advice for your setup please email me at denny@conceptaquariums.ca

cheers

denny

concept aquariums
Old 12-26-2013, 12:34 AM

SteveCGY is on a distinguished road
Smile

36wx36lx18h, clear silicone, would like it to have the little 2" over hangs on the top or whatever they might be called. I would say not polished edges as that sounds expensive. Still contemplating wether to get a blacked out back or not. Looking for a fairly basic tank with no over flows or anything. One thing I was thinking was maybe a small little built in box that could be used as a frag box or maybe breeder box. Just something that was built in like an overflow that would share the same water. Gonna get something in the new year and would like you guys to build it. Just wanting new glass though as I would like to use a lot of my existing gear. Could I get a price on something like that