Old 12-23-2019, 01:57 AM

DKoKoMan is on a distinguished road

Dude your photos are huge!
Old 12-23-2019, 03:48 PM

Llorgon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKoKoMan View Post
Dude your photos are huge!

I know. How do I stop them from doing that? I use tapatalk to upload them. Never gives me a choice on size...
Old 12-23-2019, 07:44 PM

Thanhk87 is on a distinguished road

Dont listen to them. I like that size.
But if you want to know its the setting in the camera setting that let you change the size.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Old 12-23-2019, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanhk87 View Post
Dont listen to them. I like that size.
But if you want to know its the setting in the camera setting that let you change the size.

At least someone likes the giant pictures!
Ah! camera setting makes sense. Actually now that I inspect the images they have a resolutions of 2048 x 1536 and if I check my phone settings that's the same resolution the camera is set to.

I guess I have something to play around with.

I also picked up a TDS meter yesterday. So I went around testing water sources. My tap water is 146 TDS and the water in my ato reservoir was 62ppm. I tested some ro/di water in my water storage container and it came out at 17ppm. I'm going to make some more water today and test it as it's coming out the ro/di unit and see what that reads.

I hope I don't have to change my filters already!
Old 12-24-2019, 05:34 AM
Gold Member

Frogger is on a distinguished road

Ideally your water coming out of your RO DI system should be 0. I change my filters when I start to get a reading. One of the things you can do is run 2 DI filters. When you start to get a reading you remove the first DI and you move the second DI to the first and put now resin in the second Di filter. This way you are getting full usage out of each cartridge of DI resin and you have more purified water. There is a lot of good info on this system on the web.

Also Okanagan water is pretty hard and really puts a drain on your filter cartridges. At least it was when I lived there 30 years ago.
Old 12-24-2019, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogger View Post
Ideally your water coming out of your RO DI system should be 0. I change my filters when I start to get a reading. One of the things you can do is run 2 DI filters. When you start to get a reading you remove the first DI and you move the second DI to the first and put now resin in the second Di filter. This way you are getting full usage out of each cartridge of DI resin and you have more purified water. There is a lot of good info on this system on the web.

Also Okanagan water is pretty hard and really puts a drain on your filter cartridges. At least it was when I lived there 30 years ago.

I think I need to change the DI resin. It has almost no black left in it. Probably left it a little too long. Good idea on the dual di filters. I will have to look into that. One thing it seems I need is a pressure booster pump. The psi out of the cold water line is 40psi. I am told I want at least 50psi.

Yes Okanagan water is really hard. I was hoping to get more than 3 months use out of the DI filter. Especially with only making about 10 gal a week.
Old 01-03-2020, 03:51 PM

Obnoxiously large picture time!

Tank seems to be doing well even with some holiday neglect. I got a new di resin cartridge so I can replace the old one and get my TDS back to 0. I still need to pick up a booster pump since I think my psi is low.

It looks like I have a bit of turf algae on one of my rocks. I will have to hit that with some boiling water to kill it off. I had a couple patches of it on the same rock a couple weeks ago, but I must have missed this section.

Fish are doing well. All happy and eating.

Still low on cuc, lost 2 hermits in the last few weeks, but I have 2 ceriths that have laid eggs on the glass twice now.

Corals for the most part are doing well. The Duncan has a new head starting! My red scan always seems deflated though and never has feeder tentacles out. The blue one beside it is big and puffy and always has its feeders out. Anything I can try to get it looking happier?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2020, 05:46 PM

Water change and water testing day yesterday.

Tank and inhabitants are doing well. The kenya tree has been dropping a few branches so now I have 3 of them...

Getting patches of turf algae in the cracks of the rocks. I have been trying to kill the patches with boiling water. Seems to have mixed results. is there any CUC I can add that would eat it?

I have been struggling to keep nitrates and phosphates under control. That is probably the first thing I should tackle.

Tank Params are
Salinity: 1.026
Temp: 78
pH: 8.2
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 20
Phosphate: 0.086
Alkalinity: 9.8
Calcium: 475
Magnesium: 1350
Old 01-19-2020, 03:03 AM

Thanhk87 is on a distinguished road

I have around 3 emerald crab, few snail, and a handful of mexican crab or whatever u call em. Seem to work but in the summer time there is still going to be a bloom.

Old 01-19-2020, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanhk87 View Post
I have around 3 emerald crab, few snail, and a handful of mexican crab or whatever u call em. Seem to work but in the summer time there is still going to be a bloom.

I have 2 ceriths and 3 or 4 hermits and I have 4 trochus on order. Hopefully the trochus can help out a bit.

Ya I'm a bit worried about the summer when it gets really hot out.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk