Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > DIY

Old 12-29-2012, 03:55 PM

daplatapus is on a distinguished road

Hmmm, sounds like a sweet system. If you're open to the idea, I might have to get you to send me some code for some of those features

Well, I was able to purchase 4 - 4 LDD driver PCB boards and they're on their way. Now I just have to source the actual drivers, lol. Everyone seems to be out of stock.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:50 PM

Maverick00 is on a distinguished road

cant wait for pics!

- 33 Gal - 20Gal Sump, MP10/Hydor Powerheads, Aquaticlife 4x T-5HO, Vertex IN100, TLF w/Biopellets, Tunze ATO

-45GAL Build in Progress!-
Old 12-30-2012, 04:23 AM

Well, probably not very exciting but...

These are the proto boards I picked up. For $2/ea and free shipping I was expecting really cheap stuff, but these are as good as the one I got with my Arduino Uno for experimenting with.

And this is the Arduino that I got from Adafruit and I'm slowly, so very slowly, learning programming for it.

More pics as stuff comes in.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:27 PM

I may have found a good contact for these MEanWell LDD-XXXX-H drivers. Please PM me again if you still need any of them. I'm thinking of ordering a dozen or so of the 1000's, 700's, 600's and 500's. I'll need a bunch so not sure what will be left over, but if you'r thinking of it, let me know.

Oh and I was able to get a hold of these little babies that will get soldered into the 4 LDD driver boards I'm getting so you can just plug the drivers in and out if you need/want to change them out

Old 01-06-2013, 04:15 PM

Chatouille is on a distinguished road

Looking good.... I just got my arduino and TFT screen on Friday from China, unfortunately they sent me the wrong ardunio board. So still trying to sort that with them. Will probably be easier, and take less time to just order another board from someone else.

Also received my heatsink from Modular LED last week... just have to take in down and get it cut to size I need.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:44 PM
R.I.P.

pinhead is on a distinguished road

Are you trying to mount the drivers on the Protoboard?

Having your own boards made up may be easier. The eagle files are publicly available.

It is very easy to send out to get your boards made up. My CAT4101 drivers only cost 99cents a piece.

If you go this route, all you have to do is connect your power supply and the PWM signals from your Arduino. It is much easier to troubleshoot separate modules than trying to put everything in one package.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:30 PM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinhead View Post

Having your own boards made up may be easier. The eagle files are publicly available.

It is very easy to send out to get your boards made up. My CAT4101 drivers only cost 99cents a piece.

If you go this route, all you have to do is connect your power supply and the PWM signals from your Arduino. It is much easier to troubleshoot separate modules than trying to put everything in one package.
Where do you get your PCBs made for that price?
Old 01-06-2013, 08:36 PM
R.I.P.

pinhead is on a distinguished road

Iteadstudio. They have regular sales on. I am really happy with the quality.

The meanwell driver boards would be twice the size of the CAT4101 so they would be about $2 a board. There are also files out there for other boards with varying numbers of the meanwell drivers.

Not to hijack the thread, but I am changing the direction I am going with my DIY LEDs because I won a Vertex Illuminex fixture in the VAHS raffle. I have a number of driver boards and components and I am also thinking of getting rid of my 81 LED DIY 4 foot fixture that was run for only 10 hours total. Plug and play.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinhead View Post
Lol, I will be if I can ever get my hands on some drivers, haha. Yeah, I saw all those drawings being open source on RC, but I had already gotten a hold of a guy there and he sent me some of the 4 driver boards. They're still in the snail mail along with almost all my other parts and pieces.

Nice going with winning a fixture, totally cool! But alas, no winning for me. I'm really looking forward to this build though. Something to be said about being able to say you built something yourself. Hopefully it works
Old 01-09-2013, 12:18 AM

Well got some parts in today. My TFT LCD touch screen and the RTC MEGA shield.