Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > DIY

Old 02-17-2016, 02:52 PM

fixerupper is on a distinguished road
Default DC5000 pump new gen

Well, I was contemplating replacing the pump in my RLSS 8i skimmer. It's a very expensive piece of kit and shouldn't just be sitting idle because of the crappy Waveline pump. I WAS going to try to replace it from RLSS but they don't answer any communications and MORE THAN HALF of their listed "where to buy" section of their site either no longer exist or no longer carry these products. Not surprising. So, how the EFF can one get this resolved?

To be clear: I've never asked for FREE anything from this company. I merely requested help or other direction to PURCHASE possible replacement items. If you're in the same boat, good luck. No responses no support.

My search found a very similar (if not exact match) pump for the SKIMZ MONZTERSM203 skimmer. The pump is a DSC5000. It's available (not cheap) at Aquacave, BRS etc. Now that it's years later I assumed any recent pump would be would be a newer gen with issues resolved. BUT Here are some recent (2015) reviews on BRS for this skimmer:

JASON wouldn't recommend this product to a friend
I recently purchased this skimmer on the black Friday sale. First I want to say BRS to this point has been amazing. The first day I got the skimmer I plugged it in and put it in the sump. Upon adding power I could immediately tell something wasn't right. Hardly any air in the water column. I adjusted it to let it break in. Within the first 24 hrs the motor/DC controller shut down. This is plugged directly into a wall with no controller and has constant power.

BRS customer service had a new pump out to me the next day. I will update as soon as the new motor is received. It has been 11 days now and the package seems to be stuck in Chicago.

But I want to make sure everyone understand BRS has been amazing thus far in their support.

RON wouldn't recommend this product to a friend
Pump died after 13 months! I see I am not the only one with this problem. I have a bubble magus skimmer that's been running on the original pump for 5 years.

GREAT SKIMMER, TERRIBLE PUMP BY RAY ON 3/15/2015
RAY wouldn't recommend this product to a friend
I purchased this skimmer about 3yrs ago and I am on my 3rd pump. The skimmer is awesome despite that. Skims very efficiently, quiet, and compact. If they had better pumps they would compete with the German brands.

10 Foot pole marks all over this product. My search continues...

20 year old Hagen 100g 6' mixed reef. 36g sump with multiple broken Waveline products removed. Lights T5-LED combo.
1 Coral Beauty, 1 Flame, 1 Blue Tang, 5 Green Chromis, 2 Pajama Cardinals, Asst'd hermits & snails.
2 large boxes of broken expensive aquarium crap. 1 x VERY understanding wife.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:43 PM

Hello?

Waveline?

.....echo....echo.........echo.........

Please respond to give us a hint where we can buy replacement parts. Can you give us some clue of sentience?
Your website contact email never responds and your vendor list contains business who either:
1) no longer exist or
2) refuse to carry/support your line.

Little help?

....echo....

(sigh)

20 year old Hagen 100g 6' mixed reef. 36g sump with multiple broken Waveline products removed. Lights T5-LED combo.
1 Coral Beauty, 1 Flame, 1 Blue Tang, 5 Green Chromis, 2 Pajama Cardinals, Asst'd hermits & snails.
Old 04-03-2016, 04:53 AM

Bump

Anyone?

Old 04-03-2016, 05:53 AM

shiftline is on a distinguished road

I emailed them Friday and they responded in a few hours.