Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Old 07-18-2012, 01:18 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

To be completely frank, since this is coming out of a business, any loss is a write off for the company and to clear space, he should have someone remove it. If he can get someone to take it for free, all the better.

The tank alone probably weighs 1000 pounds, nobody is going to move that in one piece
If there is anything decent for equipment underneath it, focus on selling that separately.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:11 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
To be completely frank, since this is coming out of a business, any loss is a write off for the company and to clear space, he should have someone remove it. If he can get someone to take it for free, all the better.

The tank alone probably weighs 1000 pounds, nobody is going to move that in one piece
If there is anything decent for equipment underneath it, focus on selling that separately.
+1 definitely focus on selling the equipment separately.

It's such a large tank that it's unlikely that many people would have the space for it. Then add in the taking it all apart and trying to move it, then reassemble it, well that's a lot of work. Honestly I've heard a few people say "I'd take it but they would have to pay me to move it".

I wish you the best of luck with the sale but realistically even if it was free I think most people would think twice about taking it because of the work involved to dismantle, move and reassemble it. Never mind the amount of space it takes up.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:53 PM

howdy20012002 is on a distinguished road

hmmm...I have space in my living room and I want a big reef tank.
however,
I personally think 5000 is way too high.
most people would never tackle a tank this size or even have the ability to move it without the help of a professional company..which add another few hundred if not over a thousand for that..plus you have put it back to together as well.
like it has been mentioned, you could probably get a new one built on site for around 5000.000 without having to raise a finger.
btw, do the fish come with it??
because I have no idea what I would do with 2 - 2 foot fish. (freshwater - eww..lol)
good luck with the sale
Neal
Old 07-18-2012, 04:07 PM

MarkoD is on a distinguished road

My 500 dollar offer still stands if you can get it out the door in 1 piece
Old 07-18-2012, 09:53 PM

muck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoD View Post
My 500 dollar offer still stands if you can get it out the door in 1 piece
Think you can fit that in the back of your ML450 Marko?
Old 07-18-2012, 10:10 PM

MarkoD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by muck View Post
Think you can fit that in the back of your ML450 Marko?
I sold the ml550 6 weeks ago. Have an Audi a4 now.

But my dad has a truck with a long box
Old 07-18-2012, 11:32 PM

Mike-fish is on a distinguished road

Replacement cost is 17500
Comes with or without fish
You guys have comfirmed my own thoughts that I had passed on to the owner when he first told me the price
I will have to run this price by him but is 2500 more reasonable to be asking
Old 07-19-2012, 12:58 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

You still haven't told us anything specific about the included equipment

So, ya, $2500.00 is too much
Old 07-19-2012, 03:22 PM

Enigma is on a distinguished road

It sounds as if the owner just really wants the thing gone, and in a pretty narrow time frame, too. Replacement cost doesn't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things. Neither does the original cost.

The only cost that matters is what it is worth to someone else, and being that moving it is going to be a royal pain in the backside there isn't a whole lot of value there. If he can get rid of it without it costing him anything, I think that is the most he can hope for. Moving it, in one piece, would take several people, a flatdeck truck (or trailer), and potentially even a small picker.

Providing the equipment that goes with the tank is reasonable quality, a good option might be to offer the equipment for free (or a very reduced cost) to whoever is willing to get the tank out of the restaurant in the middle of the night before August 1st.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:27 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
It sounds as if the owner just really wants the thing gone, and in a pretty narrow time frame, too. Replacement cost doesn't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things. Neither does the original cost.

The only cost that matters is what it is worth to someone else, and being that moving it is going to be a royal pain in the backside there isn't a whole lot of value there. If he can get rid of it without it costing him anything, I think that is the most he can hope for. Moving it, in one piece, would take several people, a flatdeck truck (or trailer), and potentially even a small picker.

Providing the equipment that goes with the tank is reasonable quality, a good option might be to offer the equipment for free (or a very reduced cost) to whoever is willing to get the tank out of the restaurant in the middle of the night before August 1st.
I have to agree with this!