Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 01-20-2022, 05:05 AM

Guy is on a distinguished road
Default FS : Trigger Pods

Large Copepods - Tigriopus Californicus.

Freshly bottled, jam packed. Won't lose any density from shipping time from the States.

8oz and 17.5oz bottles available

Prices are cheaper than in store. As Canreef doesn't allow posts to be deleted, I'll have to leave the price out for now and say Message for details!

Keep in mind store bottles of these pods are only 6 oz bottles.

Also have Live Phytoplankton available in the same size bottles.

There's a post on the canreef facebook page if you want to see video.

Cheers!
Old 01-20-2022, 10:16 PM

Kaito is on a distinguished road

PM'd
Old 01-25-2022, 05:52 PM

Default Shipping Options

I'm looking to figure out some shipping options and am wondering if anyone is interested in helping out. I've added this to the facebook post as well.

Here's my problem.

Next day delivery seems expensive and something most people are not willing to pay for. I'm looking to explore shipping methods that keep the costs down but still allow the product to arrive in a reasonable condition.

Pods are resilient, as is phytoplankton when stored in darkness.

Shipping method would be sent through Canada Post, bubble mailer with cardboard reinforcement, internally bagged and the using the most economical timeframe.

What I'm hoping for:

- I pay for shipping
- You pay for product
- I'd label and serialize each item for proper follow up. Provide Pictures and video of your specific order prior to shipping.
- A small follow up survey including on how product arrived, the condition of the package and product, viability inside, pictures, videos, what you liked, what you expected, what could we do better?
- If product arrives expired, a refund would be provided after pictures and video are provided and the survey completed.
- Future discount on next order for the help

Products for this experiment include

- Live Triggers
- Live Phytoplankton
- Live Chaeto
- Live Rotifers

All based on current availability of products.

Please let me know if you'd like to place and order and be a part of this.

Please let me know if you have anything to add that you think I may have missed.

Cheers and thank you!
Old 01-25-2022, 09:50 PM

Title of the thread has been changed.

This isn't a group buy. This is still items for sale. You're welcome to buy as little or as much as you'd like.

I'm trying to gain some real world experience on the most affordable and economical way to ship these bad boys to keep costs down but still receive a great product.

This offer is available if you want a single bottle or any combination of bottles.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:36 AM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

Price required please
Old 01-26-2022, 10:03 PM

Default As per WarDog

Current pricing for Trigger Pods are

8oz - $25
17.5oz - $45

Though because I'm unable to remove or edit this post, I must say that this is a temporary price and this is has become more of an opportunity to ship product that is priced cheaper, is a larger bottle, denser than in stores, offers the whole life cycle from eggs to adults rather than just adults, and gain the experience shipping through a variety of ways. Hoping that I can find a price that will sell out consistently and make it convenient for people to get.

With everyone's feedback I'm hoping to be able to offer a quality product that can be shipped reliably to your door for a reasonable price across the array of products.

Luckily, pods are resilient and shouldn't need to undergo the expensive shipping that comes with live fish and coral.

Shipments will be going out on Mondays to optimize the chances that they won't be stranded over the weekend.

Cheers.
Old 01-30-2022, 05:52 PM

Sending products out tomorrow morning through Canada Post.

Please make sure you've paid up before hand to receive your product.

There's still time to order and receive limited offer of free delivery

All products come in 8oz or 17.5 oz sizes.

- Live Rotifers
- Live Phytoplankton
- Live Trigger (Tigger) Pods

Cheers!
Old 02-02-2022, 12:34 AM

Phormium is on a distinguished road
Default PM sent

PM sent
Old 02-06-2022, 06:38 PM

Default Update

2/3 Local orders arrived the next day in the lower mainland and all were very happy with the contents and content with the packaging. The last package arrived after 3 days and had minimal die off, (~10 pods)

There's still an order of phytoplankton travelling to Ontario, that'll be interesting to follow up on to see how things did!

There's a person running the same tests I did long ago on some of the usual suspects of "Phyto Live" and is coming to the same conclusions that I did... Most commercial phyto isn't live, even if it says it is on the bottle. It doesn't reproduce and it's not viable. Seems it's treated with UV or sterilized in a way to prevent it from reproducing. They also often use a brown algae with the blend that will darken the colour and make it appear more dense, while at the same time, no doubt adding a different nutrient profile (that's good!)

Probably too much information, but each phytoplankton and diatom has a different density vs opacity. They differ greatly. All comes down to the physical size of the cell. Nannochloropsis for instance is 2-3 µm, Tetraselmis is 3.5-25 µm, Isochrysis 4 to 6 μm, Thalassiosira 4 to 32 µm, Synechococcus 0.8 to 1.5 µm.

What that means is that 1 million cells of the largest thalassiosira will appear much denser than 1 million cells of tiny nannochloropsis. I'm not sure what the competitions exact measurements of mixing are, but ours is a 50/50 split.

Reef Solutions currently only uses 2 Green Phytos, Nannochloropsis and Tetraselmis in our blend. As such, it won't be able to compete with the brown algae in terms of colour density.

BUT

Ours is alive. Like, actually alive.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out!

Last edited by Guy; 02-06-2022 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-06-2022, 11:49 PM

Carson. is on a distinguished road

Possible to purchase individual strains as opposed to a mix?