Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 03-05-2020, 05:32 PM

Piscez is on a distinguished road

Had great success with these coming from Current marine Orbits, I have no SPS but great growth from LPS and softies and fully controllable through app on Android, good luck:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 03-05-2020, 07:03 PM

Location: Edmonton, AB...find the earie glow of the T5 lights coming from a house lol
bauder1986 is on a distinguished road

I'm actually curious if anyone has played with these? I heard of one guy in my area having success with them on a sps reef. I just want more input if possible

VIPARSPECTRA Timer Control Dimmable 300W LED Aquarium Light Full Spectrum for Grow Coral Reef Marine Fish Tank LPS/SPS

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07T457791/..._3QvyEb51FJ1JX
Old 03-06-2020, 06:12 PM

cvrle1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauder1986 View Post
I'm actually curious if anyone has played with these? I heard of one guy in my area having success with them on a sps reef. I just want more input if possible

VIPARSPECTRA Timer Control Dimmable 300W LED Aquarium Light Full Spectrum for Grow Coral Reef Marine Fish Tank LPS/SPS

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07T457791/..._3QvyEb51FJ1JX
Lots of people head great success with VS lights. They will grow any coral you want, including SPS. They have no features at all, other than timer for 2 channels. I was going to use these for my tank, but got great deal on Noopsyche K7 Pro II lights. Will use VS that I have over frag tank, if/when i set one up in the future. If your tank is 48" long, use 2 165W versions over 1 300W. Better coverage and more light.

Huge thread on R2R about them

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/vi...-these.317612/
Old 03-06-2020, 07:17 PM

coolhandgoose is on a distinguished road

Love all these options thanks everyone.
Old 03-06-2020, 07:43 PM

Location: Edmonton, AB...find the earie glow of the T5 lights coming from a house lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvrle1 View Post
Lots of people head great success with VS lights. They will grow any coral you want, including SPS. They have no features at all, other than timer for 2 channels. I was going to use these for my tank, but got great deal on Noopsyche K7 Pro II lights. Will use VS that I have over frag tank, if/when i set one up in the future. If your tank is 48" long, use 2 165W versions over 1 300W. Better coverage and more light.

Huge thread on R2R about them

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/vi...-these.317612/
Thanks! I now have options for when my lovely AI Sols kick the bucket
Old 03-06-2020, 10:49 PM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

Although I posted above about Noopsych which I have heard good things about, for a little bit more I have just ordered three of the new LEDZeal Mirage Led's to replace my huge DIY unit after 7 years. The DIY is giving me grief so time for a change. I got to build my own spectrum and the reviews are great. They shipped yesterday so will see what they look like upon arrival.

Here's the setup I put together. 120 degree lenses all around with convex versions for Red Green and Cyan to blend it out better.

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.
Old 03-07-2020, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseepman View Post
Although I posted above about Noopsych which I have heard good things about, for a little bit more I have just ordered three of the new LEDZeal Mirage Led's to replace my huge DIY unit after 7 years. The DIY is giving me grief so time for a change. I got to build my own spectrum and the reviews are great. They shipped yesterday so will see what they look like upon arrival.

Here's the setup I put together. 120 degree lenses all around with convex versions for Red Green and Cyan to blend it out better.

What did that run you? $$
Old 03-08-2020, 12:24 AM

coolhandgoose is on a distinguished road

Also where did you order them from?
Old 03-08-2020, 07:03 AM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

Ordered directly from LEDZeal which is the only way to do it. Kevin was the rep who assisted me and he was great. With everything that I wanted it was just over $800US delivered to me in Vernon.
There are huge threads on R2R about them and how much people have loved them for years. Same with on UltimateReef. They are not a new player and quite a bit fancier than traditional black boxes.
The 3 x 180w 24" units should give my 7' tank amazing coverage. Everything is App controlled. One master and two slave units. Wi-Fi built in.

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.
Old 05-03-2020, 06:13 PM

juanlien is on a distinguished road

ATI fixture T5