Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 09-06-2010, 07:43 PM

Vikingstad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyKen View Post
Im a die hard wings fan myself
You should see my room!
Not too mention I have a Henrik Zetterberg #20 Timrå IK Red Eagles jersey from his junior years
Old 09-06-2010, 08:18 PM

pelle31 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingstad View Post
You should see my room!
Not too mention I have a Henrik Zetterberg #20 Timrå IK Red Eagles jersey from his junior years
Ahhh yes,you should see my room!! FLAMES!!
Just send your Buddy Zetterberg down "The Tunnel of Death" and see what happens.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:34 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Shame on all of you!
I spent the better part of the afternoon and could not find ONE thread devoted to hockey. And you call yourselves Canadians.... For shame...

So what are all your thoughts on the upcoming season?
You guys think Hall, Eberle, and Mags will bring the oil out of the gutter?
could be because its still summer hollidays and training camps have barley started ...

having said that, I think it will be an interesting year for our westren teams. Vancouver should be about the same as they were last year, but they did sign rafi torres, so we'll see how he does.

I think the team to watch this year will be Edmonton, and not just because I am a die hard Oilers fan, but because of some high quality tallent comming in this year, and because of some interesting off season trades and new signings.

Habby is going to be back in good health, Hemsky is skating and feeling good (thoes two being out was the demise of edmonton last year)
now they also have an infusion of Hall, Eberly, and Paajarvi (if they all make the team. on the d side they picked up whitney late last season, who was already looking good, plus a couple others. If they can get a good trade for Souray, or he decides he wants to be in edmonton after all, or at least play hard till he can get a trade, the Dside looke real good.

leaving us whith the weakest part of the team after habby left. with habby back, and the signing of Gerber on a two way contract, I think your going to see some exceptional goal tending as they fight for the top two spots.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:45 PM

Vikingstad is on a distinguished road

Wasnt Khabibhulin fired after his whole DUI shenanigans?
Old 09-07-2010, 12:10 AM

pelle31 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That would be awesome if they did that. First you have what a 3 mil a year Dman that doesn't want to play,then fire your 3 mil starting goalie. Dunno if those are the numbers or not cause I don't follow Edmonton but theres no way they can do that!!

Just checked 4.5 and 3.7!!

Last edited by pelle31; 09-07-2010 at 12:12 AM. Reason: added salary
Old 09-07-2010, 04:01 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
nope, they just did a press release yesterday saying he exercised his right to apeal, and will be at training camp. he will probably end up doing about 9 days and be back intime for the start of the season. if they fired him for that, what do they do with anyone else in the NHL that gets in trouble? what about the kid who killed the other player, or the countless DUIs?

its not like this is the first time a profesional hockey player has gotten in trouble with the law..

there is a conduct clause in the standard NHL contract which could be used to void a contract, but look at burtusi, and others that are still playing..

If Edmonton is planning on using this clause they are not acting like it, but seeing as they have Gerber, and Des. and Des was playing not to bad last year..... who knowes.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.

Last edited by StirCrazy; 09-07-2010 at 04:08 AM.