Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Reef Supply Canada

Old 08-09-2013, 12:45 AM

Cjm is on a distinguished road

OK, it's been too long of a day, excuse the idiot while he finishes his order
Old 08-09-2013, 12:47 AM
Vendor

nrosdal is on a distinguished road

Correct on the taxes. 12% in BC and 5% everywhere else.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:48 AM
Vendor

Haha, you would be surprised how often it happens. The way they lay it out makes it look funny.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:31 PM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

Okay so I thought I would do a quick review of this pump as I was lucky enough to buy the first sample that Reef Supply Canada got in.

The unit I got was a 9000 series, and so far I am very happy with it. Here are my thoughts:

The pump appears well built. The lines are clean and there are no obvious areas where you think "cheap". There are rubber feet on the bottom to help with vibration. The inlet and outlet are 1 1/2" which gives plenty of opportunity to plumb it how you need to. There are additional parts in the box to help you plumb it to flex hose if that's what you wish to do. Typical of Chinese pumps, the thread on the inlet and outlet don't taper so remember to only tighten your MPT connection a little past hand tight or you might crack something. Use lots of teflon as well.
The controller is simple. Not too different that that used in RLSS and Speedwave, although it is different. The buttons are simple and easy to use.

In my situation, I had a QuietOne 3000 with 3/4" in and out hard plumbed in previously so I stepped the outlet on the Jebao down to the 3/4" as well. I realize that this restricts things and I understand that it's affected my head pressure. That being said, this thing is currently running on setting 3 of 7 and it's overpowering what the Quietone did. I have run it all the way up and when doing so, it pushes my dual 1" overflow very hard with about 5ft of head plus what the restriction does to it.

There is a slight hum to this pump. Some of which may be attributed to the fact that I have it hard plumbed in with only a small piece of flex hose just at the outlet. It also could be affected by how I've stepped the 1 1/2" down to 3/4". This tank is in my office and so noise is a concern for me...but my skimmer is louder than the pump so I don't notice the hum. I only hear the hum when everything else is off. I would say my QuietOne was a tiny bit quieter. I have only been running this for 2 weeks and I know some pumps (even Tunze's) take a while to fully quiet down so I'm hoping it continues to get better.

This was a killer bang for the buck and I'm hoping they introduce a 20,000 or better yet a 25000 so I can replace my Reeflo on my big display with one of these.

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:29 AM
Vendor

Only getting orders for the 12000/lph pumps so far. Wondering if i should bother with the smaller ones. Let me know if you have any thoughts or are thinking of one in the future.

Thanks
Old 08-15-2013, 12:25 PM

reefme is on a distinguished road

Thinking of order one. One question I that have is it 1-1/2 straight thread or taper thread.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:12 PM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

It's straight thread..so you have to be careful not to over-tighten.

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:53 PM

daplatapus is on a distinguished road

I've been thinking of running 2 - of the 12000's on 2 separate returns for my 210 but I'm leery of that 13'-15' of head pressure...
I still haven't seen an actual flow chart. Has anyone else?
Old 08-16-2013, 12:23 AM
Vendor

I posted a pic of chart in the dc pump poll thread I put up. I will post it here when I get back home this evening.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:52 AM
Vendor