Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 08-18-2013, 03:31 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough
Default whats the nicest coral youve ever lost

Everyone's done it, bought a coral you thought you'd never see paid a fortune or had to give your soul for and finally you find it, take it home, pat yourself on the back just to have it die and perish some how.....

Tell your story we would love to hear it(I need to know I'm not the only one who does this lol)
Old 08-18-2013, 03:39 PM

thmh is on a distinguished road

RR avenger! that acro stn and rtn on me and now I only have two nibs of it :-( also my campfire palys seems to melt on me when it gets to a decent size! :-(

~Tony
Old 08-18-2013, 03:45 PM
R.I.P.

Strawberry shortcake ...I found the nicest piece I've ever seen took pictures of it like it was a newborn ....a hot summerday ended that joyous feeling came home to a completely white ssc and a tank high in temps .....ill admit I cried a little lol
Old 08-18-2013, 03:48 PM

thmh is on a distinguished road

Denny wanna see my sexy ssc frag? Might make you wet! :-)

~Tony
Old 08-18-2013, 03:52 PM

Phil is on a distinguished road

A supper nice bleeding apple scolly. Did well for me for three months then melted away. Probably one of the nicest pieces I had. I was lucky I didn't pay a hole lot for it.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:57 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Sold my hoeksemai when I shut down my 404. Nicest piece of SPS I've owned. I was extremely lucky to get a piece back when I had my little 28g but I could not keep the frag alive. The original colony has since been lost too. It seemed to be a stable hoek which from what I hear is rare... amazingly blue too.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:00 PM
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmh View Post
Denny wanna see my sexy ssc frag? Might make you wet! :-)

~Tony
Post ITTTT!! LOL

Actually just scored another first one since that one I lost, I've almost got full color out of it and this time around temp isn't an issue although I feel like buying a video camera to monitor it 24/7 and have a go team on standby in case it gets roudy lol
Old 08-18-2013, 04:03 PM

Phil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
Post ITTTT!! LOL

Actually just scored another first one since that one I lost, I've almost got full color out of it and this time around temp isn't an issue although I feel like buying a video camera to monitor it 24/7 and have a go team on standby in case it gets roudy lol
U don't want to see it. U WILL have to have it
Old 08-18-2013, 04:07 PM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road

A, I've got a couple.

1) Purple Poison Shortcake - Lost this just the other day. I have a LED 14g biocube that I've been growing SPS in like weeds, so I figured I'd take the PPSC out of my main tank and stick it in the biocube to see what would happen. Ya, well we had a temp swing, tank hit 84 and the PPSC went kaput.

2) a crazy nice chalice. Don't have a name for it but it wasn't cheap. The frag was on my sandbed while I was rearranging the tank over a few days. My pistol shrimp decided he wanted to get in on the action and rearranged the chalice upside down under a pile of sand... While I was out of town for 2 days. You know the rest...

3) The craziest nice A. plana I have every seen. It had yellows, irridescent greens, electric blues, toxic purples and swirls of electric pink thrown in for good measure. I grew this bad boy into a wicked sized, juicy tabling colony. Came home one day to find it RTNing. Never figured out why...
Old 08-18-2013, 04:08 PM
R.I.P.

Phil my bleeding apple is like yours did well for a few months but went downhill fast its just barely kicking now I've done all that can be done for it somedays I think its gonna come back somedays I want to pull it..... I think my leds did a serious number on it and its a tough recovery for a coral that's known to not heal quickly