Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 02-02-2012, 04:15 AM

Ryan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella3d View Post
I have a marine magic for about 5 months now and it's working very well. I have not touched my dosing shedule since then. I test less and less and each time I test it's right on.

And if a pump ever break, it is cheap to replace. What's the risk? so if a pump stop working, the calcium or the alkalinity will get lower...so what? this cannot screw up a tank anyway. before I was using the dosing pump my alkalinity sometimes went down to 5 and none of my coral were affected, including the sps. I had alkalinité and calcium swings.

The only complain I have with the marine magic is that if there is a power outage the unit does not resume automatic dosing by itself and time must be set again and it must be put into auto mode. The settings for the pumps however are kept into memory so no need to reprogram them.

But hey...150$ plus 20$ shipping, can't beat that!
I have to agree with the poster above. You obviously havent had a tank that uses these big 3 elements like a heavily populated SPS tank. A drop like mentioned above is on the verge of a crash which is a big deal!
Old 02-02-2012, 04:25 AM
Vendor

eli@fijireefrock.com is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimpchips View Post
like most everything, you get what you pay for.
Not entirely true especially for this hobby.it is sad to see from my end (a hobbyist and a retailer) as I get aproached by many distributors with a decent price tag on an item and the markup is amazingly high 200 to 400% from what I have seen and decide not to participate.Most of the time the manufacturers and distributors hype the product so high getting every cell in our body excited and then decide to place a $$$$ price tag on a specific item.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:30 AM
Vendor

eli@fijireefrock.com is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I have to agree with the poster above. You obviously havent had a tank that uses these big 3 elements like a heavily populated SPS tank. A drop like mentioned above is on the verge of a crash which is a big deal!
I think
Quote:
daniella3d
was trying to say is that if anything is to go wrong with his specific doser the replacement part are easily available and are not as pricy like other dosers. And no I am not trying to label any company as bad or bad product.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:45 PM

e46er is on a distinguished road

Everyone here says aqua medic dosers are garbage but mine has worked like a champ for over 2 years

Owner of Mountain Ridge Heating and Gas
Class A gas fitter, HVAC
Old 02-05-2012, 05:45 AM

shrimpchips is on a distinguished road

Well, in the end if you can buy the better product (and I don't think anybody can argue that the GHL product is in any way inferior to the other), I will. I know I've already spent thousands on livestock and more on equipment, I'm not about to cheap out $200 on a doser.